Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im based in the UK and I have a BMW as my everyday car.
Ive always wanted to have a Celica Supra 2.8i and I finally have the space and money, for my dream car.
It will be used as a second car just for pleasure but I would be very interested in your opinions.

How relaible are the Celica Supra's ? I dont have a clue about engines and mechanics. It would be pointless if I purchased the car and it just sat there. I also dont have much time to spend fixing the car, I would rather spend my spare time driving around enjoying the car.

What are the common problems on these cars ? What should I look for ?

And if anybody else from the UK is on this board, I would appreciate your comments on spares availability.

Thanks in advance for all your help

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
suprasrock:
I assume you have classic car insurance for your Supra.
Can you recommend a decent company to insure the Supra through ?

Im looking through Auto Trader, Loot and other websites. There arent many Celica supras available but Im keeping my eye out.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive found a car :D .
Its an 1985 in silver / black. Car is in good condition and doesnt have much rust, just on sunroof and petrol filler cover.

Its 100% mechanical but the diff makes a whirring type noise so it probably needs another diff. How much labour is involved in fitting a diff ? Does it take long and is it hard ? Im asking becuase I want a estimate cost of fitting a diff (I have also found a decent diff )

As long as everything is OK, I should pick up the car tomorrow. Got my digi cam ready so I will post pics as soon as I have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.