Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I took out the metal vacum lines that go under the intake plenum (sp?) and I noticed that two of them were clogged up :mad: :x . I have tried blasting the crap from in there with a compressor, spraying break cleaner, spraying it with Castrol Super Clean (purple degresser), I tried Heating and sticking a wire to push the crap out. I cant seem to get those two lines open :mad: . Does any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRF_Rider said:
Maybe use a metal coat hanger? I cant recall if thoes lines have sharp bends in them or not.

Maybe fill them up with WD40 and let them sit overnight then blow them out.
Coat hanger wont bend enough to get around the bends in the lines :cry:

Ill try the WD40 thing, Thanks

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I've always used carb cleaner and the little red plastic hose it comes with. Of course, I don't know how bad your clog is.

Christian

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racefiend said:
I've always used carb cleaner and the little red plastic hose it comes with. Of course, I don't know how bad your clog is.

Christian
Carb cleaner, Break cleaner tried them both with that little red plastic hose. These are clogged up good. Im thinking about going to the junk yard and getting one from there.

·
Registered
792 Posts
a little trick to cleaning anything outta everyhing from back in the old days...
I learned this from an old motorcycle/moped tech back home in Honolulu. Take some acetone and mix in (carefully!) liquid plumber and soak whatever it is for several hours. This will take anything off!
We used to pour this mixture into our expansion chambers for our 2 stroke bikes ! Just put a cork in one side and plug the other side after filling it up halfway. Be careful, it WILL get hot all by itself! But, all that carbon will just flow right out when you empty it the next day! Flush with water, dry with air and reinstall. Just like a brand new expansion chamber again!!!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks
I'll let you know how it goes :wink:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
when I was at school at UO for chemistry we use a solution of sodium hydroxide and Isopropal alchol (called the base bath) to clean the glass ware. BE CAREFUL! THIS STUFF WILL EAT THE SKIN RIGHT OFF YOUR FINGERS. I would strongly recomend using safty glasses and nitrile gloves when doing this. Liquid plumber and acetone is allmost the same thing.

Safty first

will

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I couldnt get it unclogged. So I went to the junkyard and found another one that was already nice and clean (unclogged). Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did try them but It seemed like nothing worked :? so I went to the local junkyard and went looking for one that was not clogged

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Best thing to do is throw them in the trash where they belong.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Best thing to do is throw them in the trash where they belong.
And what, replace them with a set from salvage that also belongs in the trash?? :?

Have you got an alternative Wes? rubber hosing? Bend a new set of metal tubes? :?: :?:

Also, can anyone tell me how to get the quote function to say who I'm quoting. It's Suprawes BTW :lol:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No Im saying get rid of them completely. Either make or buy a set of EGR block of plates, then you can get rid of it and that vacuum valve thats under there too. All you will need then is a vacuum line running from the throttle body to the bi-metal vacuum valve on the thermostat then another vacuum line runs from there back to the firewall where it crosses over and goes into the charcoal canister. Run that vacuum line through the center where the fuel injector wiring harness is and you will be good to go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts