Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know
A lot about my
Car. I'm just not really exhaust smart but I know My cats going out exhaust sounds shitty, and I've wanted to delete it please help I'm from stlouis Missouri I'm not a complete dumb ass about my 85 supra so don't come at me like some dumb kid

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cut it out with a swazall. Then weld in a new one... or a glass pack... or a straight pipe... in it's place.

Make sure you check your local emissions laws.

·
POTATO
17,232 Posts
Florida doesn't have emissions. Cats don't usually make a sound when they "go out" It's either working, or it is clogged making your car not run right. If you have exhaust leaks, your car will sound like shit.

Also coming off so defensive with your remarks if probably going to get you the hassle you didn't want, calm down a little maybe. Get under your car and look for holes, especially near the pipe joints (flanges). IMO gut the cat, but keep it to resonate sound. Straight pipe NA inline 6s sound like crap.

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
A cat "Test Pipe" may be available for your car.
An exhaust shop will not do it-against most State laws.
If your cat is plugged,it may be replaced.

I have seen cats that have been modified B-4. The owners just bash out the honeycomb with a long punch and a hammer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Florida doesn't have emissions. Cats don't usually make a sound when they "go out" It's either working, or it is clogged making your car not run right. If you have exhaust leaks, your car will sound like shit.

Also coming off so defensive with your remarks if probably going to get you the hassle you didn't want, calm down a little maybe. Get under your car and look for holes, especially near the pipe joints (flanges). IMO gut the cat, but keep it to resonate sound. Straight pipe NA inline 6s sound like crap.
There's no holes it's all new except the cat I just want a straight pipe where the cat was it unbolts so it'll be simple I don't have to cut anything out. And I'm coming off defensive because of comments like yours ? Did you help any no

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can buy a replacement cat off of raptorracing. it comes with flanges welded on already so it'll be a bolt-in replacement. Or you can measure out a test pipe and weld flanges onto that for a bolt-in test pipe. Should be 2.5" inlet and outlet

·
POTATO
17,232 Posts
There's no holes it's all new except the cat I just want a straight pipe where the cat was it unbolts so it'll be simple I don't have to cut anything out. And I'm coming off defensive because of comments like yours ? Did you help any no

Yes actually, I did. You can either spend $0 gutting the cat or $35 plus shipping for a pipe from RaptorRacing and end up hating how your car sounds even further.

But please, don't bother listening to anyone with experience. You clearly know more than I do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes actually, I did. You can either spend $0 gutting the cat or $35 plus shipping for a pipe from RaptorRacing and end up hating how your car sounds even further.

But please, don't bother listening to anyone with experience. You clearly know more than I do.
He knows the car well. im sure he can figure it out :laugh:

·
Registered
62 Posts

meow meow cats

·
Founding Member
6,335 Posts
How to delete my cat? I need some advise dumb 17 year old
I know
A lot about my
Car. I'm just not really exhaust smart but I know My cats going out exhaust sounds shitty, and I've wanted to delete it please help I'm from stlouis Missouri I'm not a complete dumb ass about my 85 supra so don't come at me like some dumb kid
And I'm coming off defensive because of comments like yours ? Did you help any no
I've been around since these cars were new, since long before there was this forum. Once upon a time we used to have a bunch of serious adult enthusiasts. Then when the mk2 depreciated into the realm of first cars for teenagers, many of the adults were driven away as the conversation on the old e-groups and subsequent forum deteriorated. Those of us who stayed found ourselves old enough to be the parents and grandparents of teenagers. Like all good parents and grandparents, we're going to give behavioral advice as well as automotive advice. We want you to become not only a good Supra enthusiast and top wrench, but also an upstanding member of the community that we can all be proud of.

So here is the unsolicited parental advice: There is no need to start off a new thread on the defensive. Wait until you are threatened with attack. Just ask your questions in plain simple language. Most of those other teenagers who bought cheap mk2s and terrorized the community in the late 90s and early 2000s either grew up or moved on to politics. Now that the mk2 supra is getting rare and values are on the rise, we're mostly a community of adults again. Nobody here is going to fault a 17 year old for not knowing something or at least they shouldn't. If anybody answers you with a snide remark about your age or knowledge, we'll probably jump all over them for you. And if anyone tries to be cute, just ignore it. There's no point to encourage them.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yes Mr. Wise Ass, but can you remove his cat so easily? I think knot! Too bad I'm just a silly string.
So if my real family is a bunch of smart ass, wise ass gigglers, why would I choose another one that's got the same genetic defects? I feel surrounded. Oh Hell! Let's just break into the loony bin and party. Then I'll hot wire a bus and take us all deep sea fishing. We'll finish the day with lobotomies for everyone!
And now for something completely different. Why is it that so many people BELIEVE that everything emission related is evil and should be removed when the reality (after the truly awful 70's and maybe early 80's) is that when it's all working correctly, it generally improves everything. And at worst, it really doesn't make anything worse. Of course, when things aren't working right, they can create issues. But what do I know besides The Mr. Jack Shit? Oh yeah! If I don't KNOW something, I KNOW who to ask. Any one of you other smart ass, wise ass gigglers!
And we all know that THE Supra Goddess knows her shit (as well as most of ours) and speaketh the truth.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Unless its recently changed you cant remove the cat in Missouri,
If it came with a CAT it has to have one on the car or its supposed to be a immediate failure but as with everything I'm sure that depends on the shop doing the inspection. so IMHO id either rip the guts out of the cat or buy a nice exhaust from Raptor, as I did.

On a side not you will find this forum a invaluable resource if you just relax a bit, listen to what people have to say, and use the search bar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts