Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and can't seem to find a working link to instructions for the 84 and older Supras. I understand the 2.5-5v and 2.5-0v reading. I just need to know where to hook the voltmeter to. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'll give some sympathy as Ryan Eytel's site went down that had the info in a easy format.

Also, no codes on the 82 (also no check engine light)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AJ, Thanks for the link but I already found it and it's dead. Twice actually, it's even reposted further down with missing images again. bummer. If you can forgive my lowly post count please help me with this question.

Rich64n, I have an '84. I can jump the check connector, I have a voltmeter and I'm not afraid to use it. Where do I hook it up?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I am lunch krispy I have a voltmeter and I am not afraid to use it!! lol
Sorry It had to be done:laugh:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The 83-4 codes are in the online TSRM, in the EGR section.

You might be able to use a digital voltmeter - but I wasn't able to, really you need a sweeping needle analogue meter.

Put the leads in the connectors of the 2-wire test (check) connection

And count

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not been able to find an 83-84 TSRM. But I'm going to guess they are the same codes as '86. Am I missing something here? If I jumper the check connector there will be no voltage from one side to the other any more. Are you saying that I should hook up the voltmeter without jumpering the check connector? or should I hook up to the check connector and to ground?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If the Check Engine light comes on and stays on during start-up, i.e. there is a malfunction code stored in the ECU memory, the needle will indicate 5 volts for 2 seconds, then indicate 2.5 volts for another 2 seconds.

After that, the number of times the needle deflects between 2.5 and 5 volts every 0.6 seconds is the first figure of the 2 digit code

Then, ditto for the second figure

If there is more than one code in the ECU, the lower number will cycle first. Then a 2.5V for 2 seconds, then the next code.

And the codes are the same 83-86.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the info. So no jumping the check connector like the 86. I'll just hook up the volt meter there instead.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I'm going to resurrect this since I still can't get my car to show any codes. Check engine light has been coming on and off more often now so there should be codes stored right? I hook up an analog voltmeter to the two pins of the check connector like rich64n said and all I get is a steady 3.5 volts. Why can't I get any codes out of this thing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts