Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
For those of you (especially the noob's) who want to know how to pull & read your Check Engine Codes that are stored in the TCCS computer, you need to click on one of the following links.

83 & 84 owners need to go here:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/rae125/checkeng.html

85 & 86 owners have a more simplified version here in the 86 online TSRM:
Umm its not showing up for me

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone have the code sheets... can re-post them?
I Found the codes in a haynes manual ill see if i can upload the page but if not i can type it all out

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I think the codes are the same as the 85+, just you read a fluctuation of the needle instead of blinks of the CEL.

Here is some more reading on the 83/84 system: http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h27.pdf

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Also in TSRM, EFI and TCCS Toyota Technician Handbook...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
How to pull codes and codes list...

That is for the 85/86, not the 83/84 like he was asking, the 83/84 CEL does not flash.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Chris copy that Sir!! Thanks for the backup!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Scott, on the harness side of the connector, jumper the bottom two pins with a paper clip/wire. Then you should get CEL flashes.

But this is also telling me that that TPS is failed again, and Ive already "repaired" it once. I would just replace it, install the new one and adjust correctly, then test by jumpering the diagnostic block again.

I emailed you a link to get a new TPS from Rockauto.com

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
I see that the '85-'86 that you count the dashboard blinks. '82-'83: Got to use an alalog V.O.M.
'81 and earlier? I give up.
That link is a good one Donn29! Thanks!
Should be in the FAQ under "codes",right?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts