Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was looking in my car tonight looking at my guage cluster, and trying to figure out how to remove it so i can install my indiglos. then it dawned upon me that i have no clue how to do it. is there a link or soemthing i could i could read on how to take them out. any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
mk2_suprafan

when you figure it out could you post pics of the finished product.
im planning on getting some indiglos this summer.

Thanks, Laterz
zankone

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has anyone actually done the color change mod? how do you change the color of the needle, is it just a bulb?

and of course, if and when i ever figure out how to get this guage cluster out, i will be posting pix. id like to start a website of how i do everything with lots of pix to help people like me who need a visual to go with words, but lack of time and a digital camera of m yown kinda shoots that out of the water.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just did the color change mod a week ago (soft blue, very cool at night). The needles themselves are orange (as I recall), so there is no easy change on them short of taking apart the cluster. Of course, aren't you going to need to do that anyway with the indiglos(sp)?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i screwed up my clusted bad :( oh well... yeah, i did notice the needle are just the way they are( did that make sense?). it would be cool to have red needles to go with the blue numbers im gonna have, butit happens. what kind of parts store would be able to re calebrate a guage cluster?

on a good note, taking the guage cluster out was a lot easier than i thought it would be, took me all of 10 minutes to take out. for anyone that got these indiglo guage faces, and need to know the wires to solder in, on the blue plug that goes to the back of the cluster, you wanna pull out pin #15, which is the green with brown dots (thats your lighting control.. or positive) and pin #12, which is solid red (thats ground). took me over 2 hours of researching to find that, but i did it :) to mount the little light switch that came with the guages, youre probably gonna end up tearing apart more of your dash to mount it. i mounted mine right next to the stock dimmer switch.. looks real good :)

another sad sad thing though, i ordered these guages because they were silver, when i got them, they matched my paint job beautifully..... when i put them in, theyre no longer silver, my 'protective plexiglass guage cover' is so nasty dirty yellow, that it totally made my guage faces not silver anymore... is there a way to maek them clear again, or am i gonna have to buy a new one from toyota?

oh yeah, pix comming soon. 8)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one more thing now that i think about it.... would it be safe to put a battery in my car jsut to light up the guages to see what they look like... i have open wiring harness, and capped off fuel lines.. it would only be for a second. i was thinking about that earlier, because i wanna see what theyre gonna look like

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Plexiglas guage cluster cover.

Try the Maguiars Plastic Cleaner & the Plastic polish (2 bottles). See if that will get the crud off of the cover. Otherwise, if it's really yellowed & it won't come off, then snag a cover off of a junkyard dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts