Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Y'all need to learn how to format links when they are 5 miles long (like on Ebay) so they fit on the page. This is how it's done:

Code:
[url=http://www.autotrader.com/blahblahmorelinkstuff]Please Click Here[/url]
(class dismissed) ;)

I think you see what I'm getting at.

It only takes a few moments to do, and doesn't jack the forum up so the banner is off to the far right side of the page (even in 1024x768 res), with a left/right scroll bar that everyone has to screw with.

Just a courtesy request for all the other members. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
clickme

sweet. figured it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
still gotta figure that out... i click that globe icon and copy and paste the link in it. then i click ok and next thing u know it automatically puts it up but i dont see how to shorten it or anything....is it something i edit after clicking the ok button?

·
Registered
683 Posts
still gotta figure that out... i click that globe icon and copy and paste the link in it. then i click ok and next thing u know it automatically puts it up but i dont see how to shorten it or anything....is it something i edit after clicking the ok button?
1. Highlight text you want to become a link.
2. Click the globe icon.
3. Paste the url address.
4. Click "OK".
5. Click "Preview Post" to make sure it worked.

·
Registered
217 Posts
1. Highlight text you want to become a link.
2. Click the globe icon.
3. Paste the url address.
4. Click "OK".
5. Click "Preview Post" to make sure it worked.
yea I figured it out not long after that post...i had gotten the post thing down but just not how to change the wording of the active link itself into something much shorter. here for example is a link to ebay searching Supras >>>Click me<<< been a while since I've done it on the other forums but I forgot and now remember. But thanks anyway tho

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this is old, but maybe you could use some url shortener websites. There are dozens of them on the interwebs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts