Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if anyone would be able to tell what year the 7mgte motor is that i currently have.

75,000 miles on it and in really clean shape just need to know year so i can start thinking sub harnesses.

What would be signs of certain year motors?

If i took a few pics of the head and block would you be able to tell me the year or point me in a direction to fill my lack of knowledge on the subject?

Thanks,

Tyler

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
If the electrical plugs are green and yellow, it's a 87-88. Gray would be 89-92. There are other changes, crankshaft - 6m crank 87-88 - 7m crank 89+, and some vacuum lines. Also minor changes to the head and supposedly the cams. TPS, and ingnitors are not interchangeable while CPS's are.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wade. So apparently i have an 89-92 engine as the engine harness that came with the motor has gray plugs.

Could anyone point me in the direction of making sub harnesses that are necessary to wiring the 7m up?

Search feature for me has been relatively resilient to give me anything that i am looking for.

Thanks,

Tyler

·
Miserable
702 Posts
pm shawn, he can make one.

·
Registered
906 Posts
ingnitors are not interchangeable
Bullshit ...

Thanks Wade. So apparently i have an 89-92 engine as the engine harness that came with the motor has gray plugs.

Could anyone point me in the direction of making sub harnesses that are necessary to wiring the 7m up?

Search feature for me has been relatively resilient to give me anything that i am looking for.

Thanks,

Tyler
Some young pup shouldn't have pulled the age card some time back ...

pm shawn, he can make one.
See above response.

18 or younger, got mouthy, pulled the age card, ---- and ---- blamed ME for pulling that card. Punk ass little bitch can kiss my ass !!!

·
Miserable
702 Posts
18 or younger, got mouthy, pulled the age card, ---- and ---- blamed ME for pulling that card. Punk ass little bitch can kiss my ass !!!
:duh: so you want an 7mgte Celica Supra and you pull that stuff with shawn.. :eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Tried to plug a grey plug ignitor from a working mk3 into my green plug harness and nothing so bullshit what?

I've swapped them back and forth more times than I can count ... Operator/Installer error ??? :zzzzz:

Come on up, I'll swap them around in my car, and or Toomie ... I have both styles.

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
I've swapped them back and forth more times than I can count ... Operator/Installer error ??? :zzzzz:

Come on up, I'll swap them around in my car, and or Toomie ... I have both styles.
Well, I donno it's 2 only plugs:laugh:. It was from my 90 to the 85 and it wouldn't start. Maybe try it again Sat.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I will confess that this is true. I was a young punk ass little fuckin idiot. I just thought i knew everything and no one could tell me any different.

I dearly apologize as my actions were absolutely immature

Just looking for some help

Thanks,

Tyler
I give you alot of credit for "manning up" and admitting that in an open forum. You got to watch it around here. You "f" with one, youre gonna get shut out. We are a tight group. Most people that read this that are in the tight group wont offer you anything ro any help. If Shawn accepts your appolagy then I can see you having an easier time.

also, having a 7mgte or 1/2jz supra is pure bliss, these cars turbo'd, is hand down more fun for less money than any other car. not trying to put salt in the wound but youre going to be missing out if you dont figure it out....Good luck sir

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is just unfortunate that i said anything in the first place i was just completely out of line it really sucks because now i have no help as to getting this thing hooked up and ready.

I just want to get this baby going and the winter is the time to get everything inline for a clean swap in the spring or possibly this winter

I hope someone could help me out as to where to get diagrams needed. Do i need to know the exact year of the motor or just that it is an 89 to 92?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Just buy the wiring books for the motor/ecu and chassis.

You'll be able to figure most of it out, it might take you a week, but its possible. I used the books to double check the work someone else did and then posted(it was almost the same years as my 86 MA60 and 87 7M).

Then if you get stuck post up a specific question at a time with scans of the pages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts