Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday I'm going to buy MkII... On pictures look prety good and original - this is what I'm looking for :wink:. Even thought, there in midle Europe aren't many pieces to choice from, I want to buy car as original as possible. There are pictures of her.
I asked the owner and he told me "everything is perfect except diff and rear shocks, but on second car are this parts OK" (second spare-car is bonus). I asked him about sunroof and he told me that is made from glass and he don't know if is it original.

Any suggestions what I should concern on at buy-revise?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Nickson,

Welcome to the CelicaSupra.com forum! I looked at the pictures of that black Mk2 -- very cool! I really like how different Euro Supras are, compared to what we have here in the US.

Looks like it will be a fun car to own - sunroof even BONUS!

Look at this section on buying a Mk2: http://www.celicasupra.com/buyingtips.htm -- it should help point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Welcome Nickson!

Your making a great choice in car! And once you get her, you can come here for tech help and advice as this place has about the largest group of the most knowledgable people about the mk II Supra... both U.S. and European market models!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for your welcome, gentlemen! 8) Stay tuned, I will report how things going... :wink:

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Hi Nickson,
I think its very cool to have participation from the Czech Republic.

The car in your slide show looks very nice indeed. The glass roof, rear spoiler, trunk lock cylinder, exhaust, and steering wheel are non-original items. Otherwise you have an extremely stock car. Everything under the hood looks OE too. Aside from the mechanicals, just make sure that the glass roof isn't a leaker.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:shock: WOW thats one cool Black mk2 look like mine but better :)
i like that spoiler and digital dash u got there. is it me or does that spoiler kind of looks like the U.S mk3's spoiler (dont know if mk3 spoilers are same around the world) :?:

·
Registered
991 Posts
kllntyme said:
I love that spoiler. Is that european spec or after market?
Pretty sure the spoiler is European Aftermarket. It is nearly identical to the one I (and 3 or 4 others) have. Only difference I can see is that it has two center supports across the back and mine has only 1. Other than that the shape and all is identical. Mine was made by a German Company that apparently does not make them anymore. Too bad, I think they look nice on the car.

Leslie

·
3,283 Posts
nickson said:
On Thursday I'm going to buy MkII... On pictures look prety good and original - this is what I'm looking for :wink:. Even thought, there in midle Europe aren't many pieces to choice from, I want to buy car as original as possible. There are pictures of her.
I asked the owner and he told me "everything is perfect except diff and rear shocks, but on second car are this parts OK" (second spare-car is bonus). I asked him about sunroof and he told me that is made from glass and he don't know if is it original.

Any suggestions what I should concern on at buy-revise?
Hi Nickson, Welcome to the list.

I'm not well versed on Euro spec mkIIs, but just going on what we got here in the states I saw 5 things that aren't "Original".

1 The sunroof was made of sheetmetal, no glass.
2 The exhaust is not stock(at least muffler)
3 the turn signals/marker lights behind the front wheels didn't come on the mkIIs here
4 the spoiler.
5 the steering wheel?

with all that said, This is one of the most beautifully kept Supras I've seen. I wish my intereior was half that nice. Make sure to grab that car!

rear shocks are fairly easy and inexpensive to come by still for stock replacments. and if the Diff is still good in the parts car, then you'll have a beautiful, and apparently rare, example of a great car.

congrats on that find!

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Curious about a UK spec'd mk2

Hey Graham,
Does your sunroof have a tilt/vent feature?

Here in the US our sunroofs only slide open and closed, but I have a friend in the Netherlands who has a factory sunroof on his 85 Supra, and ris also tilts. It is the exact same steel panel with original control panel on the headliner.

I wld have thought it was desireable enough to include on the US production cars too.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
nickson,

G'day. Some of the Supras in Europe are sold with the 5M-E motor instead of 5M-GE. Only a hand few of counties have the SOHC i think Sweden and Switzerland are also another country (besides Australia) where the car was shipped with a 5M-E.

I haven't looked at your photos yet. But soon I will.

Anyway.
Good Luck. You will love every minute with it...

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
The steering wheels looks a lot like the 4 spoke Momo wheel without the center pad?? I have one but in the pic its hard to tell if its the same?? I think the model is CLUB??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm back ....

So, after a while I'm back in this community :) I was little bit busy a month ago.

For some reasons (mainly cash related :p ) the black beauty will be in my garage even in june :x but red "spare car" is in garden from this sunday.

The black looks in very good condition. Some minor rust around fuel cap and under the rear bumper. Sunroof doesn't leak. Rear wing was made by www.Zender.de, steering wheel look like original option (because embossed TOYOTA). Previous owner had done engine rebuilt (crank, bearings etc.) The car runs smoothly & quietly, strong enough 8) Only thing is shocks, rear are completely worn. I'm thinking about KYB GR-2 both F&R end. Any suggestions?

And now SURPRISE! The red car has a 5M-E engine!

If you want, look at the picture galeries at www.volny.cz/nickson

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you!!! So, oct.83 isn't a rare car - then is a ideal for 7M-GTE project! :wink: And 5M-E engine I will throw into my old Tercel :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW: the car is imported from Switzerland, as I read somewhere the swiss and sweeden spec are the same...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts