Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys isabel is coming to take my 3 supras!!!!!!! at least i hope not. The weather man says eye will be over my town at 5pm on thursday. we will see what happens. i am parking all my supras in a field with no trees.

will let you guys know how bad its going to get.

jeremy

·
Registered
794 Posts
Damn.

I knew there was a reason I live here. No Tornados (to speak of) and no hurricanes.

Of course we have no sunshine 8 months out of the year but hey, who's counting.

Hope everything goes ok for you. That field isnt a low spot that sill flood is it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
underground Yeah right!!!! i wish!!! i do not live in a big town. and i am good on the flooding i am about 15 feet above sea level, but then again i am on the beach. i think i will be ok.

jeremy

·
Registered
991 Posts
foonanas said:
Guys isabel is coming to take my 3 supras!!!!!!! at least i hope not. The weather man says eye will be over my town at 5pm on thursday. we will see what happens. i am parking all my supras in a field with no trees.

jeremy
Jeremy,

Make sure that field is high enough and far enough inland to not get any ocean spray. As you know, salt water is death to these cars.

Good luck to you and all our east coast members and your faimilies. We will all be pulling for you to come through this unscathed.

Leslie

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks leslie, good on all that u mentioned. there are a few list members are in virgina that might get some damage. but good luck to all who are getting hit.

·
Registered
310 Posts
:pray: man ill say a prayer for your cars man. Oh and ofcourse ill also say a prayer for u. :pray: :wink:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
best of luck, keep us informed when things settle down.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Jeremy,

Only piece of advice I can give you bro...

Get the FOONANAS out of there!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we got it all covered. i will post some pics after the storm but until then all you guys take care.

jeremy

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well, there is always the option of you know, giving them away... to me :patriot: or there is the option of hoping for the best. Good luck!

·
3,283 Posts
foonanas said:

jeremy
I heard late today that isabel had turned slightly west... and if she stayed on course, the eye would be over Roanoke (5 minutes from here) late thursday night.

we're still gonna get hit no matter what.... question is, how hard....

Mike
(keeping his head down and floaties on)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well isabel came to town and then she left. all 3 supras ok. not a mark on them. on the other hand my best frineds grandma took a beating. she lives in Hatteras, NC. around noon she had waist deep water in her house and the fridge was floating out the kitchen. also they had 2 mobile homes land in their yard along with a Shad boat. (thats a fishing boat for you inland people!!!) their family grave yard had two caskets come up out the ground. they also saw a hpouse floating down the street. we lost power most of the morning bu tkicked on the generator and all was good. will give more info when i get back the my house.

jeremy

·
Registered
991 Posts
Jeremy,

Glad to hear you and the Supra's survived the storm. Afraid there are going to be lots of wicked stories coming out of your neck of the words in the next few days.

Hope you find all is well when you get back home.

Leslie

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Agreed,, for those of you who were in or near the hurricane path, let's hear them.. Scott Hamons???

Guess I'll have to check the Yahoo list & see if TomD made it through.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good thing I left hatteras, NC on sunday :lol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tomd should be ok he lives in raleigh. i do not think they lost power. mybe some rain. i have friends who live real close to him and they were ok. as of right now no way to get to hatteras island right now unless you got a boat. the roads are flooded and the ferry is not running. i have some nasty hurricane footage of the inner wall of the eye. some crazy stuff. you can even see the curve in the eye. if some one could host the video i would be more then happy to let you guys see it.

jeremy

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That would be something to see, let us know if you find a place to host it. Glad you came through OK!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts