Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
I for one am always about good parts for cheap. I'm sure there's more like me out there... Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Go for it!

I personally get my stuff from Aaron at RabidChimp, but if you differentiated and focused on custom sound systems for the MkII or something that might be cool.

You could pre-fab brackets for normal-sized speakers for the MkII and have packages at different price levels with SPL ratings for each package. :) (and I'll even let you use this idea for free)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
A little competition is a good thing. I will help keep Aaron honest. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Aaron does a very good job of "Aaron" honest. The last thing he's ever going to do is rip anyone off.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
Aaron does a very good job of "Aaron" honest. The last thing he's ever going to do is rip anyone off.
I agree entirely.

It's all about specialization, IMO. Make yourself the best at one thing and get everyone to purchase your products in that regard. IMO you should specialize and then partner with RabidChimp so that you can both benefit -- you sell kick-butt stereo stuff (for example and he sells custom MkII parts).

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Go for it. Everyone should be able to get out there and do what they want to do!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its been in the works for 3 years i want to go hard in to supra stuff i will be in van to meet some reps on the 19th i will let you guys know when i am there. the pre fab bracket thing is a good thing i will look in to it
i want to do group buys soon let me know what you guys want
i will treat supras very well :wink:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I would pay top dollar for a custom sub box for the hatch. I see some of the MKIVs with nice custom boxes that cover the whole hatch, I'd kinda like one myself..

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
my suggestion.... go hard core in stereo, sell good shit, clarion, alpine, mb quart, focal, eclipse.... leave the lower end stuff for the big box stores but also dont "highend" yourself out of the market... thats why i suggest alpine and clarion, both respected names, and better than kenwood and pioneer (IMHO IMHO... dont flame me anyone!!! lol)

part 2 of my suggestion.... ask Aaron if he would be willing to have a canadian distributor of rabid chimp products.
i HATE ordering stuff from the US and paying 3x as much after i get screwed by fed ex, then screwed again by the exchange rate, then screwed once more by canada customs and their duty, then screwed again by getting taxed on both the item i bought, and the duty fees that were charged on it.

not sure if you were looking at something like that, but ive been told his stuff is some of the best out there, also, you could ask racetek (spelling??) if they have any products they might want distributed in canada, and im sure there are other companies (HKS, NGK, whiteline...) that would like some western canadian representation, since so much of our stuff comes from ontario :?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
dogstar said:
part 2 of my suggestion.... ask Aaron if he would be willing to have a canadian distributor of rabid chimp products.
i HATE ordering stuff from the US and paying 3x as much after i get screwed by fed ex, then screwed again by the exchange rate, then screwed once more by canada customs and their duty, then screwed again by getting taxed on both the item i bought, and the duty fees that were charged on it.
DAMN STRAIGHT. I second that motion.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good news i got a email back from aaron he says he in to it
i have to see how many of you guys want me to stock rabid parts if there is more then a few i will make some kind of deal with aaron
i am looking at the 6m and turbo kit
let me know want you guys want

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
id love to find a nicely priced 6m in canada... lol, everyone i talk to is like "a toyota WHAT? you mean a 5M dont you.... no, well you must mean a 7M if its a 3 liter... no, toyota didnt make a 6M! no, no no no"
then i usually cuss them, ask them to go actually read anything about import engines and bang the phone on the desk like 11 or 12 times before hanging up :)

also, id like to see the intake pipes brought in, or maybe some strut tower bars
not such high dollar stuff, that you can actually carry on hand without getting massive overhead in stock.

·
Registered
579 Posts
UPS shipping has so many duties -_-
lets see from brackets for different sizes of speakers =D

·
Registered
279 Posts
dogstar said:
ditto. i sometimes have to work in the post office in the drugstore i work at, and a couple of weeks ago i had a customer come in who used to work for Customs Canada. of course, he was picking up a parcel from the US, and it had about $30 in customs charges on it. he told me that was complete bullsh*t, because the thing he got in the mail was made in the US, and Customs Canada isn't allowed to charge duty and all that crap on stuff that is made in the US!! damn Canadian government; they screw us out of money any way they can.

:suicide:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts