Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a k&n air filter yesterday. With my new toy i got excited and thought "i'll clean everything!". I took off my intake pipes and everything to clean them out with some shop towels. While doing so, the stock pipe that goes over the engine was having a little trouble coming off of the vacuum lines. deciding that all it needed was a little force, i snapped one of the outlets that the vacuum lines connects to.:32: i seriously dont have the money to buy the RC pipe yet and i need my car for tomorrow. is there a quick fix i can do tonight to get it working again? ill post some pics. thanks!

i searched around and found one thread where it was discussed plugging up the vacuum outlet i broke and putting an air filter thing on the TB port. also i have tried to poxy it but it just wont stay :[

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the stuff i used is called perma poxy and for the life of me i cannot get it to hold. when the outlet broke off i have to destroy the existing hose to get it out. i took a trip back to advance and bought a generic hose that isn't very flexible and just snaps the weld.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had really good luck on Supra plastic with just plain old general purpose epoxy. Loctite makes some called multi-use.
It sets in 5 minutes. I got mine at Advance Auto, but any of them should have it or something similar. Mix up a pretty big batch so that you can actually use the epoxy to build up around the outside of the bond joint really heavy. Let it sit for at least a couple of hours before you try to re-attach the hose. That should work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i took a quick trip to walmart and picked up some standard jb weld. i mixed it up, applied it, and said a prayer. it seemed to set much easier than the other stuff i used. im just going to wait overnight and try to put everything back together. thanks or the help guys!

·
Registered
264 Posts
im guessing someone did something similar to my car before i bought it, they had a piece of wire wrapped around the intake and attached to the line and tightened the wire up. it was leaking a little bit of air, and i put some gasket sealer around it :ugh: (that's all i had) until i have time to take the intake off my other car or buy a rabidchimp intake.

edit: took some night shots...uploading now

pictures aren't the best because i took them in the dark, hopefully this will help you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
JB Weld works as a temp solution. Did it the same way on my Dad's '98 Tracker. Just goop the shit on, and it'll hold.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
dont know what the temps are like where your at but you can just plug the hose and tape the whole on the pipe (just make sure you get it sealed).

Thats just the iscv which some people arent even running.

it would be a fine temp. solution till you can get a new one or a new intake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
try some model glue and a vaccuum fitting from the parts store. see if you can melt it to the intake.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts