Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RANT ON:

fothermucker!!!!, G$W%^#$%^#&$#U%!!!!! :32::32::32::sadbanana::duh::nono::mad::mad::mad: Went to the salvage yard on saturday. Scored a decent set of MkIII seat to use the rails for mounting the MkII seat frames in the cressi. On the way out, I looked at the staging area. There sat an 84-85 Celica GTS. From what I could see, good flares, straight body with good side trim, 82-83 Supra hatch spoiler. The car had what looked to be a good assorment of usuable parts. Score! I went back today to see if they had put it out. I walked out in the yard and turned the corner to see if it was still in the staging area... [email protected]##%@#$%%@#$!!!!!!! It was being lowered into the crusher right before my eyes. It had never been put out for parts. I tried to stop the carnage, but no doing. I went back inside and asked about it....
"The yard manager didn't think it was worth putting out" was what I was told.:mad:
Sometimes I really hate stupid motherfu#$%#$%#$ salvage yards

RANT OFF:

I did have a good discussion with a guy who was looking for a cheap upgrade for the rear diff for his friend's 84 Supra. I suggested he come here.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Maybe even worse than that... I went to the junk yard one day to scope out the Cressidas for a "super computer" and found a MINT factory 5-speed Cressida. I went home that night and got my tools / money ready and came back the next day to see it literally DROP into the crusher. The sound made me cringe and drop to my knees.
It had perfect leather power seats, TEMS, mint everything... I wanted to punch somebody.
:32:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this yard manager in passing. I run into him at auctions all the time. I may need to bring a friend the next time I go to an auction. I may need somebody to hold me back!!!! I may also see if I can get him to call me the next time something like this happens. Maybe I can prevent this happening again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe even worse than that... I went to the junk yard one day to scope out the Cressidas for a "super computer" and found a MINT factory 5-speed Cressida. I went home that night and got my tools / money ready and came back the next day to see it literally DROP into the crusher. The sound made me cringe and drop to my knees.
It had perfect leather power seats, TEMS, mint everything... I wanted to punch somebody.
:32:
this shit pisses me off.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Not as bad as the perfect condition MK1 Supra at my local j/y. Nothing at all missing from it (think of what is on it stock, and it was there). Found it there Thurs, made a few calls, and told the guys at the counter, do not get rid of it since I have quite a few people interested in it, I was even told it could be bought outright for $1200. Flash forward to Sat and I cannot find it in the yard, go to the front desk and was told that they crushed it since they ran out of cars to crush, I was pissed since there is about 30 cars that there is pretty much nothing left of them since they have been sitting in the yard so long.

After that, I have not been back since I am still pissed, and it has been about 2 months now (this is where I also got the parts for the 6M swap).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i feel your pain, when my motor blew in my 85 and didnt even know about cs.com my parents (well my mom) made me get rid of the supra. low and behold a wrecker shows up to get my car. worst feeling ever seeing your car get pulled away on a flatbed :sadsmilie. well fast forward a year and a bit to a few months ago, went to drop off a customer at the wreckers where my car went.. my car was sitting there in the yard!! i was like holy s&*^ so i run in and ask if i can buy it and we talked for a while and came to an agreement where i could buy it for 500 bucks.. sick deal.. we walked out to see it getting dropped into the crusher.. :eekfacepalm: :ugh: watched my supra get crushed, the sound of it made me literally sick to my stomach :32::throwup: wanted to smack that son of a bitch up and down the damn place.. literally had to be dragged away. and not allowed to go back there cause i made such a big scene lol. true story have witnesses :laugh:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Went to go visit the local PNP awhile ago....low and behold a supra with perfect rockers, no rust anywhere...not one spec. Went the next day with a buddy who had a battery powered sawzall to get some replacement fenders and voila it's gone....could have cried....havent seen perfect fenders anywhere else to this day.

#$#%^%$# me

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Salvage yard owners are stupid at times. Last year I found a Supra with a good drivetrain. Good 5mge and W58. They wanted $700 for them pulled. I told them that was steep and made a counter offer of more that I really wanted to pay which was $500. They told me $700 or they were not selling it. Fast forward a few weeks later. The car was crushed without taking a part off of it. I asked one of the workers why they wouldn't take my offer but decided to just take way less and crush it. He just shook his head and said that was how stubborn the owner was.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i'm right there with ya.

my first '79 (which was also my first car) ended up going to the crushers. i guess you could say it was my own fault though. i let my wife (now ex-wife) convince me to get rid of it. i think that pisses me off more than her sleeping with some other dude.

anyway, same junkyard, had 3 merkur xr4ti's in the lot. when they got bought out by crazy rays, they crushed every car they had out of spite. anyone that knows, will know how hard it is to get parts for the xr's. so 3 good parts cars gone just to spite someone.

oh yeah, the yard owner died shortly after.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They kind of made up for yesterday today. I went again at lunch. There was a cressida I was waiting to come into the yard. After yesterday, I was really afraid that it was in the crusher line and not the ready line. Sure enough, they had put the cressida out in the yard and not crushed it. Funniest thing was the spot they put the cressida down in had just had a cressida removed from it. This one had a grey interior and a good steering column surround!!! Happy day, now my interior is complete! Thinking about going back and grabbing the dash and the rear package shelf. Both are in good condition with no cracks or such.
Bad side, there was another cressida that had just been dropped off. This time it is another 82 MX63.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Same thing happened and I was helpless to a damn thing about it...serious B.S. This kinda crap kills me!! :barf_flush:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Had a similar event a few weeks ago.

A guy I work with said that he had seen a MkI Supra on a trailer near a local junkyard when he was taking his lunch break. I called them the next morning - the guy I talked to said "yeah, I think we might have gotten one in recently", so I headed over there on my lunch break (24 hours later).

Pulled in, asked the guy behind the counter about it. He walked back into their shop area and asked another guy if he knew where it was. First guy came back a few minutes later with a funny look on his face and said "yeah, we crushed it this morning"

It wasn't even there 24 hours!

And the best part was when I told him what MkI solid rear axles are bringing - I thought he was going to cry :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts