Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

I did it....i finished my education.

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  rabidchimp.com 
#1 ·
Hey all.
I have been away for a short period of time , because i had to finish my education.

Now my title is Industrial technician/machinist, and 4 years of education is over now.

We had to make a project to show our skills, and i was so lucky to be put into a group where we should make a Gearbox Prototype.

We had free hands for the design, and after 9½ days hard work with 76hours at the schools workshop, and many many many hours in the evening, creating the docomtation, the we created a little gearbox with 2 gears.

As you will see at the pictures , everything is made from the bottom, the only limit was the fantasy :).

Our report was on 106 pages, but all of the hard work gave us the highest place on the character scale.

We were 4 men in the group. The 3 of us had 12 (A) for the project, and 12(A) for the individual test as well.

So double A`for us, and then we are in the fight for a prestigious award because of the high character.

The gearbox is first created in Solidworks 2009, and we also used Mastercam X4 for some of the construction.

http://picasaweb.google.dk/nesredep...?authkey=Gv1sRgCMC4lJSEjdKtHQ&feat=directlink

Now i can begin making car parts again :).

Best regards Jens Pedersen

See less See more
#4 ·
Amazing work.
Now when do we get a second gear set for our car :p then we can run 4.3:1 gears for acceleration, and engage a second gear set from you when we want economy/highway gearing.. 1:1 and 1.33:1 gears.. in between the Trans and rear end..

#6 ·
I really admire your machine work. I've been messing around with a Smithy 3 in 1 machine making little bits and pieces, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. If I started to make a gearbox like that it'd take me 9 1/2 years, not days.

#9 ·
Jens, I lived in the Nordric lands 1998-2000 so I understand how important that certification is. Congratulations indeed.

A friend there got a few minor certifications too (in electrical), folks asked him why - then he came out with a a small product that had some electrical connections, and it was all his.

#12 ·
Thanks for the positive feed back.

I can tell about my next crazy project after my custmo 7m is ready.

The plan is to open a std 5 speed gearbox from my Celica supra, and then make the spur gear Straight cut ,and the shift will be sequential.
I will also change ratio so it will be faster in 1.gear, and closer ratio in the rest of the gear.

But that is some thing i will make later...not now :).

#13 ·
Great news Jens, glad to see you now have the certs to back up the work the majority of us have seen that you are able to do.

#16 ·
My contract with the firm i am at now, is over 15/4-2010.

So after that i need a new job. I will try to find a job , and then perhaps start a new education this sommer as Production Technologist.
That is 2 years more at school, but after that i will be very high skilled, and many firms already searching for that type of people.

12 days???.....

No it was 9½ days we had from the beginning to the prototype was ready, all incl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.