Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out going to my friends house and i put into fifth gear and my 85 acted like it lost all its balls in 3 sec:swing:. After i pulled over and shut it off, i turned it back on and all i heard was a clack clack clack clack clack clack clack and at first i though CRAP:32: its my piston NOOOOOOOOOOOOO:sadsmilie. But lucky me my buddie is a mechanic and told me it was my valve that either got bent crack or is just stuck down. I'm wondering does anyone know how to change a valve on a 85 supra with a stock 5mge dohc 2.8 in line 6. Any help would be great considering im doing it by myself and with some help of a friend. :eek4dance::D

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Changing a valve is beyond the scope of a beginner, and far beyond the scope of a simple "how do I do this" thread on a public forum. A starting point would be getting intake and exhaust manifolds removed, as well as all accessories.

Your next step will be removing the head and taking it to a machine shop for proper diagnosis and verification. Bent or cracked valves in the 5m is extremely rare, so I would assume deeper issue.

My suggestion? New motor, drop it in, be done.

--billyM

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Changing a valve is beyond the scope of a beginner, and far beyond the scope of a simple "how do I do this" thread on a public forum. A starting point would be getting intake and exhaust manifolds removed, as well as all accessories.

Your next step will be removing the head and taking it to a machine shop for proper diagnosis and verification. Bent or cracked valves in the 5m is extremely rare, so I would assume deeper issue.

--billyM
he could find a new head that working and replace it but that might be too much for him as well

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I see in your sig you wanna go 7M, this is the time. Is it GTE or GE you're after? If GE, I may have an engine for you. Or if you need a 5M head, I have one too. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I plan to come to Fresno in the near future. Have some work I need to do there for family. PM me if there's anything that I may help you with.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I see in your sig you wanna go 7M, this is the time. Is it GTE or GE you're after? If GE, I may have an engine for you. Or if you need a 5M head, I have one too. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I plan to come to Fresno in the near future. Have some work I need to do there for family. PM me if there's anything that I may help you with.
7m you say huh? how much are you asking? pm me ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

--billyM
does not sound like a bad idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts