Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Regarding the clips.....

I haven't swapped out my whiskers yet, but I've heard that the clips can be a real b1tch to get loose from the body and reuse.

The "clip" you have pictured looks like a door card push-in fastener. Would you have a part number for those?

Thanks!

- Jim

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
The clips can be problematic to remove. Best to use a small flat screwdriver and pry the clip from the back, otherwise you may damage the whisker in the process. They tend to be brittle after 30+ years, so a good idea to replace and save your OEM parts now.

I just received my order of clips. The ones I have are a little different from above, but you can get fasteners in various shapes as long as they're 5mm holes

Sorry, I don't have OEM part numbers, but I actually prefer to install using these. Just punch the clips thru the whisker holes first, then insert the middle clips ends into the body holes, then the ends. Removal is the reverse. My whiskers are more flexible and just as rigid as OEM, so they'll def go the distance. I've had mine on for two years, have taken them off and on for testing, and they still look as good and are as flexible as day one. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
So these are just "Off The Shelf" parts?

Will they work with the OEM whiskers?

Will you sell them separately?

Thanks!

- Jim

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeah, pretty much off the shelf. They typically cost about $1 each at parts stores. Likely can't send them to you atm even if I wanted... happy canada day :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
OK, I'll look around a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if Dorman or somebody sold them.

Parts like that are also used in electronic stuff, so I'll snoop around some of my catalogs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Whiskers ready

I has 5 near perfect sets ready to go!!

Looks like Canada Post didn't go on strike afterall :rolleyes:

$80/set shipped with clips (tracking included)...pm me if interested, thx

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks, I had to go back to square one.

In fact, I would prefer these to OEM, being moulded from a new OEM set using a proper degasser and fresh, high-quality poly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
All premium whiskers SOLD! Thanks guys :mm_emthup:cool:

I still have a couple B grade available.

Got a long bubble, but doesn`t effect structural support, hardly noticeable when mounted behind the headlights

I`d prefer they be bundled together... two sets of whiskers (above) with clips for $100 USD shipped! (tracking included)

Pm me if interested, thx :salute:

ps. supplies are limited, but if there is additional interest, I will pour more whiskers for members of CS.com

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
someone is getting really good at this !
Practice, practice, practice my friend. It took me over a year to get it right (I'm a slow learner:duh:)

But it was never about the product, always about the process... my goal: to make a set better than OEM for an affordable price.

If you can still find them from Toyota or on Rinkya Japan, they cost around $80/side (ouch!)

Also, be careful with what you might find on eBay :rolleyes:

So I opened a new jug of poly, tweaked the process a li'l...

Toyota OEM (left)
Mr Whisker poly (right)​

I'm happy with the consistent results. So I bucked for Vendor status here for a couple more months of foolishness. After that they go on ebay...

CS.com member price $80 USD shipped with tracking (clips included). Please pm if interested. :mm_emthup:cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will take a pair as well, just give me about two weeks to start my new job, and I'll start fixing up my supra once more! 5 years I've had my car without these! ha

·
Registered
870 Posts
Mr Whisker...I received the whiskers yesterday. They look great! Just wondering any idea how long they will last before they dry out and crack? If you already mentioned it then will you link your thread?

IMO..looks like these will last 20yrs but am not sure what its material is.

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
I'm ready to buy the top vents that you injection molded.
Dr. Jim gave me a link to the paint that I need for BLUE!

Money is not important. My car is.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts