Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Mr Whisker...I received the whiskers yesterday. They look great! Just wondering any idea how long they will last before they dry out and crack? If you already mentioned it then will you link your thread?

IMO..looks like these will last 20yrs but am not sure what its material is.
Right on Mike! I suspect they will outlast the vehicle.

I`ve had mine on for a couple years now and they look the same as the day I made them. While not from the same mould, they are made from the same quality heat, chemical, UV resistant polyurethane rubber (manufactured in the good ol`US of A).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I'm ready to buy the top vents that you injection molded.
Dr. Jim gave me a link to the paint that I need for BLUE!

Money is not important. My car is.
Is there a price on these yet?

I'm in for at least one pair.

- Jim
I`m sorry guys, I thought this thread was about whiskers. I`ll update you though. I pm`d the fellow and he never got back to me (yet). I have exactly another month and a half to go until my Vender permit turns into a pumpkin and it costs $$ to sell on CS.com. If you want to make this happen, I currently have the materials, time and ability to make these, but I have no proper sample to work with and it would require setting up a group buy and ordering more materials. That takes even more time, so I wouldn`t get my hopes up this round :frown:

...but DO get your WHISKERS now before they go :mk2_vroom

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Seconds sale

I have 3 pairs of seconds available:

set 1)

- small bubble in overhang on one whisker, slight variation in poly texture, clean surface

set 2)

- long bubble in both overhangs otherwise clean matching surface texture

set 3)

- a few small bubbles apparent in surface

$50 shipped with clips. Plz pm me if interested.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
...and I'll even throw in a free pair of TeK hood stoppers with each set to sweeten the deal :mm_emthup:cool:

(limited offer)

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
PM sent!! Thank you for all your hard work and time providing a product for the MK2!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Arch, you're gonna get the only near perfect whisker I ever poured without vacuum. I learn the hard way, no pain, no gain :ugly_08: The other whisker was the first to come out of the recent mould, so the texture varies.

That'll be the last of this run, I appreciate the support and trust the parts will serve well.

I may have enough poly to do one more run at the end of September...stay tuned :mm_emthup:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Greg Thanks Sir!! Payment sent as well...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks also!!!!! Payment sent! One set for wife's supra and a buddy just inherited his father's clean near mint 82 supra....one set for him! Can't wait to see them! Thanks for making them!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Got both sets of whiskers today!!!! Thank you very much!!!! They look awesome. My buddy thrilled with his set too. Now we just have to find him a good set of rocker moldings!?

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Greg, got em and there great!! Thank you for taking on this so needed project!! I can say WOW on the quality and these are 2nds!! Taken me awhile to post working too much...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Good to know Arch, thx :thumbsup:

I still have enough poly for a few more sets ...get 'em before I go :mk2_vroom

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks Jose, let me know when you get them.

I still have two B class sets left - minor bubbles (bottom of the barrel :whatever:)

$60/set shipped (with clips). Plz pm me if interested, thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
85 Celica Supra Whiskers

I need/want 1 set of whiskers for 85 Celica Supra. These are the two plastics in front of the head lights, right.

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Done? So, no more available?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 93 Posts