Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonite im at the local hangout spot when i hear a supra go by and look and its a mkiii and sounds like jz series motor

So 10 minutes later pulls in and the car looks amazing dark blue with blue interior 5 speed RSR exhaust the works

So i ask him Does she got a 2jz?
All i get is yep and walks away

so when he comes back i ask him if he can open his hood he does
yea 2jz with to4z single pretty clean swap
so i tell him i have an 84 supra hes like cool
do you still have the 7m nope sold it sorry
and shuts his hood and leaves

i thought all supra's stick together? lolol
Whatever loved the car owner was a dick

sorry had to rant

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
alot of supra owner get bad reps and alot of them deserve it ... it all depend on that persons personality. I mean that guy is happy with his MKIII that has the same 2j swap that half a dozen others do too. No originality at all. fail for him

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeaa true not all are dicks
Matter of fact my 3 Supra friends around here are all Mkiv's
They cant wait to see my car cruising with them
But most mkiii guys round here are like this

·
Registered
11 Posts
that hella suck's.
the guy could have been having a bad day.. but who's to say..

most of us on the west coast get along fine.. even when we dont know each other..

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We have Celica Supras indeed haha.

Definitely went to the dealer the other day to see if they could get me an alt pulley (yea I know I can get one elsewhere but I felt like bringing the her to the dealer so get eyed haha).

Told him I got an 84 Supra, and he said "The Supra didn't come out til 86..." So I leaned over and looked at his screen then told him go under Celica Supra. If you didn't know, you can't get alt pulleys from the dealer haha, at least not asking for 84 one :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
To stereotype all MkIII owners based upon this guy, or even a handful of people in your limited experience, is no different than racism or any other prejudice. Maybe the guy was a prick, or maybe he got no sleep, or maybe he was hungover, or maybe his Mom just died.

There's cool people and pricks in every race, color, religion, and car ownership.

·
Registered
562 Posts
All generations got along great at our meet this past weekend.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=50699

I just wish we had a MkI to round out the group. I really got a kick out of the MkIV guys. They weren't at all interested in the MkIII's. They kept asking us about the MkII's because they think the Supra began with the MkII (just like Toyota did :duh:) and were really glad to see that many still running around.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
It is kinda a split. I have seen a few that think the first "true" Supra is the mk3, and many that are cool with the mk1/mk2 guys. I have run into a few that even know about the difference between a mk2 Supra and a mk3 Celica and then watch the look on their faces when I open the hood. I even had a lengthy discussion with one mk3 Supra guy since I let him know that a 7MGTE can fit in the mk3 Celica body quite nicely, and the Celica is much lighter than the mk3 Supra.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
I think all men are dickheads, having a Supra just makes them complete assholes :thumbsup:
Gettin slow T-took a dozen posts for this.....

·
Registered
476 Posts
lol some mk3 supra owners here are cool, u just happened to meet a douchebag with a mk3 lol

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think it's all on the individual you are talking to. All my life I have gone to air shows. Some pilots or some organizations even act like God's gift to aviation. "Well I fly the P-51" they say and wont talk to you. Some are very cool and let you get in the plane. The cool ones get it and let you feed on your love for planes, cars, tractors, motorcycles or what ever you are in to. Every one should encourage and acknowledge some ones work or love for their interest.

Jim

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It is not just mkIII or Blah Blah Blah owners. It is just the car world thing. Some people can be assholes even if you drive the same exact car.
When I had the Dakota R/T and was in a local R/T club most were cool but there was a few that were real Dipshit, Dickheads. They would get pissed because I had a polished Kenne Bell Supercharger and my truck got a lot of attention and there truck hardly got a look. The guy was a real dick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is kinda a split. I have seen a few that think the first "true" Supra is the mk3
Isn't it? I'm not saying mk2's arent supras but they were definately celica based where as a mk3 supra is just a supra.

At least around my parts it seems all three generations get along fine. There are some douches (like me) but I see more segregation due to mk2 owners only associating with mk2 owners.:eekfacepalm:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts