Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sorry dave like i said was having a bad day just nice to see a sweet supra and besides the fact ive met him before with his 7m still and he was like this

But your right

Andd Supraman hahahhaa nicee same way with my friends and the VTAk hondas lol

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I like MK3 and MK4 owners...they sell me good parts for my supra...and the ones that are a dick to me i just walk over and slash their tire and say" who's a dick now" and laugh like a psyco.

I agree this thread fails...but had to post anyway....mwhahahahah.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Don't color them all with the same crayon. I have best friends who own mkIII Supras.
You know that's right brother! :thumbsup:

To stereotype all MkIII owners based upon this guy, or even a handful of people in your limited experience, is no different than racism or any other prejudice. Maybe the guy was a prick, or maybe he got no sleep, or maybe he was hungover, or maybe his Mom just died.

There's cool people and pricks in every race, color, religion, and car ownership.
^ This sums it up for sure.

I own a MKIII, and a MKII. This MKII makes # 37 of the Supras I've had. And when the day comes I actually get to have a MKIV, I am ALWAYS going to remember my roots. Not where I come from, but where I'm AT, and how I was lucky enough to add to the "collection". :)

Scotty

·
Registered
196 Posts
I kinda feel the same as the mk3 guy. ppl want me to open my hood and it happens so often that I get a little irritated. I'm not to that point of irritation, yet, but its nearing. They bug me about how I did such and such or this and that and if I have concerns for blah blah and its the same story. This is why I want a fat lip for mine so I can hide the IC, put quiet exhaust on and become invisible once again.

That mk3 dude prly took his ego a little too far to brush you off. Maybe he thought hes "teh shitz" and decided to leave it at that or maybe hes gunna get left out by his friends?

He could've left without showing you his engine.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
True man true
Glad he did show me
he could tell i was excited so lol
could pretended not to be dick

And wow scotty 37? lol
im 20 and on 4 lol
Thanks guys

·
Registered
637 Posts
over here in so-cal i get some love from the mk3 crowd and sometimes from the mk4 crowd ,shitz even from the honda crowd . but nothing compares the love you get from a mk2 owner it's just different. lol all this love talking haha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
as a potential mk3 owner, I can endeavor to not be a dick, although that part of me kinda carries over from the porsche experience..... talk about real dickheads!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Butthole MKIII owner

I had an experience with a MKIII owner. I was gassing up my baby, and an older guy with an MKIII pulled up to the pump next to me. I nodded, told him he had a nice car, then proceded to tell him how much I love supras. He then smugly told that they weren't supras till the MKIII came out... Jerk. MKII's all the way.

·
Registered
244 Posts
T is right. When i met my wife i told her up front. Im a asshole. Then when we had our first arguement and she said "you're an asshole". I said, I told you so. End of argument.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Okay Mister MkIII hater...

You've obviously never been to any of the big Supra meets (TX2K_, SILV0_). The gap is narrowing as the MkIV's are become more and more "affordable" and almost anyone who wants one can get one now whether they should even have a 350+ whp car or not, but it wasn't all that long ago that with the exception of VERY few and I do mean very few MkIV owners, the MkIV people wouldn't give you the courtesy of a response no matter how polite, intelligent, and sincere you were if you weren't a MiKV owner, and then once Peter Blach and the other couple of guys got up near and passed the 1Kwhp mark with the 2JZ's then just having a MkIV, especially "just" stock twins, wasn't enough to be seen in public anywhere near their MkIV beasts... and god forbid you roll up in an N/A MkIV... eeeeeeew.... :)

As a result the MkIII owners stuck together in a really large but tight knit group.

Unfortunately it's the whole 2JZ syndrome with some of the MkIII crowd now too... So many want a MkIV and can't afford one so they go buy a MkIII and spend a fortune dropping a 1JZ or 2JZ into it and want a bunch of respect for it whether they've earned it or not... and if you've still "just" got a 7M in your MkIII, even the GTE, you're wasting their time to be seen with them in public.

Then there's the whole tiered clicks of horsepower rank snobs.

You've also got to keep in mind that your MkII Supra just might be older than that MkIII snob himself who wouldn't talk to you so there's a good chance that he doesn't even have a clue what it is... Just like so many people who look at a MkIII,II, or I and have no idea they're Supras just because all they know is Fast and Furious MkIV Supra...

Plus our society doesn't seem to care about quality and heritage anymore, it's all about image and "go big or stay home" these days, which totally sucks. Everyone wants to be top dog and who cares about the history that got them there... sadly, not many.

I'm always astonished at how many people are afraid to walk up to me at a meet because I'm driving a MkIV (especially a dark green one), then they're amazed and happy when I speak to them first and invite them to look because that so rarely happen apparently, or how many people want to trash talk me because I'm in the MkIII instead, or how many people completely ignore me when I'm in the MkII, much less showing up in the MkI...

When I roll up to a Supra meet in my 6-Speed MkIV it draws a crowd 'till I open the hood, then the crowd thins out because it's just some slow stock-twins Supra, regardless of the fact that it's an Imperial Jade Mica (rarest stock u.s. color) 98TT Targa 6-Speed with less than 80k miles on it...
I say good riddance to 'em if they're so conceited that they won't stick around to look at a mostly stock Supra... and the best part is how many of them are driving dime a dozen stock civics with altezza style body kits or n/a eclipses.

Not that I'm out there looking for any respect myself, I'm just happy to have my Supras no matter how fast, slow, modded, or stock they are and I'm more than happy to let anyone who's enthusiastic and really wants to look around check it out regardless of which gen it is.

Most of the time when I go to meet up with some Supra friends I drive to one of their houses when I know their Supra is apart, I hand them the key, and I ride to the meet in my passenger seat regardless of which gen I happened to be driving that day. Just sharin' the Supra love... :)
A buddy's wife LOVES driving my 93TT automatic whenever they're in town...

So don't go judging all of us MkIII owners by that one stuck up MkIV wannabe... Not that everyone who stuffs a 2J in a non-MkIV Supra (or any other vehicle) is a wannabe but so many of them totally are...

Power is fun but if they're too blind to see than all Supras are so much more than fast cars for their era's, then it's their own loss not yours...

·
Registered
177 Posts
That sig pic (I have a larger version of it somewhere) is the only one I have with all 4 gen's showing together at the moment. I've got several decent pics of the II, III, and IV together about 3 months before I discoeverd and bought the I but no really good pics yet of all 4 gen's because the III is STILL waiting on a backordered HKS 3mm MHG, damit... Once the 98TT's diff is rebuilt and the 92T's got a new HG I intend to line 'em all up for various poses together...
I was gonna get a friend with a Super Red MkIII to be a stand-in for my 92T but his got totalled recently before we could get them all together again... :(

I'm thinking about parking the 93TT along side of the 92T and moving the 84 and 81 over on the other side of the 92T for a shot of all of them chronologically from the back but the clear coat's going bad on the 92T now and the 84's back bumber paint started peeling badly very recently after a hard rain so I'm not totally happy about what the pic would look like if I did that right now... :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
Car people.......status people........people people. It's a three way overlapping matrix, with an infinate number of combinations. Start adding sub categories, such as Supra people, or MKIII people, or "I paid my dues" people, and it gets really complex.

PS: MK1 has a #1 in the name for a reason.:laugh: JK

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Myothersupra
You basically summed it all up man thanks and not dissing mkiii owners just saying this one was a douchee lol
Andd ur cars are sweet as candy man
I'd love to own all 4 gens
Thanks -Justin

·
Registered
177 Posts
PS: MK1 has a #1 in the name for a reason.:laugh: JK
"We're #1!" Fer sher dude! :)
Don't take offense but MkI's are just so ugly they're cool in that whole retro-vintage sorta way too... You'd be suprised how much random attention it draws and how many compliments I get from total strangers of all ages when I take it out for a cruise or a quick run to the store.
I can't tell 'ya how many MkIII and MkIV friends have walked up to me, pointed at the MkI the first time they saw it in person, and said "dude... no offense... that's one truly UGLY car but it's just so totally cool too. I have no idea why but now I want one!" :) Then I show 'em all the major MkI styling that ended up in the MkIV and they're totally amazed...

Myothersupra
You basically summed it all up man thanks and not dissing mkiii owners just saying this one was a douchee lol
Andd ur cars are sweet as candy man
I'd love to own all 4 gens
Thanks -Justin
Thanks Justin... Yeah, I know a few of those, mostly MkIV owners though but I know one or two MkIII owners who think they're special too. He's not worth wasting your time to talk to him.

It's not that hard to end up with "one of each"... It just takes time, patience, determination, and a little cleverness with the financing and eventually it can happen. Otherwise known as O.C.D. :)
It's hard to keep up with all of them, keep the batteries all charged, keep the insurance/registration/inspection current on all of 'em, and deal with the occasional old age mechanical issues that pop up from either previous owners' daily driver use or neglect, or just routine maintenance in general on 4 (or more) Supras plus my commuter box vehicle, but I'm really glad I've finally done it.
I'd owned at least one of each over the years, just never all at once until early last year when I finally bought my current MkI since I already had a II, II, and IV together at that point and I just decided, why not...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Never had anyone call the MK1 "ugly", but I can see why they might. Of course both of mine have had the "PP" body work, which in my opinion improves the look tremendously. I also camoflauge the sagging line along the bottom of the glass. Just gotta work with what you got.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice reply myothersupra.

Could you post a pic of all your Supras together? Would make a neat desktop.
First off, please don't hot-link to any of these pics! They're on a private server and it'll kill my server quota/bandwidth really quick if you do because they're so large. If that happens I'll have to take them down.

Please right-click and save any pics you would like to have/use/keep/print.
If you choose to host any of them, please host them yourself on your own server, photobucket, or wherever else, just please credit me as the owner of the pics if you post them anywhere else or use them for public display. Thanks.

I appologize in advance about how HUGE these pics are and there's no MkI in these pics yet but they're still some pretty cool pics, I think...
They were taken about a month before I found and bought my MkI.
They're definitely NOT dial-up friendly and I thought the forum or i.e. would resize 'em for showing but it didn't.
They're what came out of the camera when we snapped them a while ago and I don't have any thumbs of 'em.

That's my 84 P-Type, my buddy's 89N/A->2JZGTE, and my 98TT.
Yes my 84 isn't perfect. It was a true daily driver most of its' life 'till I got it.
It's got the usual tiny corner hatch rust holes, peeling trim, etc but other than the back bumper it cleans up really nice.
I recently stumbled across a factory rear wing that's not all pitted and faded since these pics were taken so it looks much better from the back now.
The guy I bought it from had it painted about 6 years ago.
The body guy painted the nose flat black by mistake for some stupid reason and told the guy he needed to replace the back bumper cover because the paint wasn't going to stick to it long if he reused the stock one. Sure enough.
Recently the sunroof bound up, made a snapping noise, and won't open, and last week I turned the lights on and no pop-up, damit. I hear a relay but the motors don't do anything. I'm guessing it's a ground problem or the control stalk is flaky. Everything else including the a/c still works though...

That's a buddy's 89 MkIII that was totalled very recently when some lady deliberately pulled out across the roadway and stopped in hopes of getting killed, which didn't work. Not long after that she found a more effective method and succeeded. I'm sure someone will miss her...
Fortunately he and his young son survived the incident in the MkIII mostly unharmed and the vehicle she blocked the road with was insured, but it still sucks that she destroyed a perfectly good and super clean MkIII.

My 92T is the same color but has the factory MkIII satin 5-Spoke wheels instead of the chrome MkIV-TT wheels, it's a factory Sunroof not a Targa, oh and it has a BHG still... :(

That's my 98TT. It's not super low miles like some MkIV's but 78k on the odometer ain't too bad for a 1998 model that's been driven to/from and competed in the past three TX2K_ Supra Nationals 4-day events I suppose...

I might try and line up all 4 gen's in my driveway this weekend for some rear shots of them side by side. If I get the chance it'll be the 93TT instead of the 98TT though but it'll still be all 4 gen's.
If I do get to take pics, just be prepared for ugly MkII rear bumper and really bad MkIII paint...

Enjoy the MkII-IV pics...

41 - 60 of 72 Posts