Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I could smoke and not get cancer... Nicotine gum sucks, and I'll eventually miss the combined nicotine/adrenaline rush when driving.

Anyone else chewing this disgusting shit? It's like having gas / antifreeze in your mouth.... Though I think gas would taste better.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I hate that stuff too. I makes my throat feel like its swelling up shut. I'd rather go back to chewing tobacco

·
Registered
326 Posts
smoke weak pot instead to alleviate the addiction. I personally reccomend strong pot but if your not a consistant smoker then you will have a hard time functioning in your normal life.

I have advocated this to 3 people i know ( and i used this method to quit 12 years ago). Every one of them is a non tobacco smoker today, and none became chronic pot smokers to compensate.
The psycological assist of actually smoking something helps alot, and i think the overall medicinal qualitys of pot quell the physical addiction admirably.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I don't think that would qualify as medicinal use here stateside...and my job isn't worth the failed UA. I've decided to talk with my doctor about quitting when I'm ready. I hear some horror stories linked to Chantix, but not enough to keep me from taking the risk.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My co-worker back @ Bonneville recounted stories about extremely vivid/fucked up dreams as he put it.

I'll try all 100 pieces of gum for $18 bucks before I consider going Chantix just because I'm cheap.

Mark, I'll be calling you shortly, I'm in need of some stuff :D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Chantix is horrible.

I didn't get the goofy dreams, just couldn't sleep.

Every night = 4 hours max. Then I would almost sleep normal and the dose would bump up. I was an aggitated prick for 3 or 4 weeks, Tossed the script.
Won't do that again.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Proud of you trying. Got a mother at home right now that's smoked most of her life. She now has no lung capacity and stays in bed half the time. She smoked for many, many years before seeing the negative side effects. Then it was too late to turn things around for the most part but she will not even try. It takes something she doesn't have and that's will power.

Keep it up. I have watched 2 people die from the effects of Cigs and it was not pretty.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If a non-smoker chews Nicotine Gum they can become addicted to it right?

Well, good thing I put it back on the shelf haha.

I applaud all of you quitting. Got a guy I work with now, young guy (older than me but definitely not in his 30s), smokes every chance he gets. Seems like he smokes after every oil change he does. He starts breathing heavy at the simplest task, like getting a tight oil cap off a car.

As cool as smoking can look (Andrew Dice Clay if you think him cool, or this), your coolness comes at a price.

What about those patches if the gum's gay?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I don't care for Nicorette either, I'm using Thrive lozenges now and down to 1mg after 3 months with only 2 packs of smokes along the way. I like the taste and the texture better, they're also easier on the throat with less menthol. I hope I can get off these things too in the end. It's then a test of willpower. Having quit before, once you get over the 3 day hump your chances are good as long as you don't have that first smoke...good luck!

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Guys;

it's going to sound like a gimmick but take it from me and about 6 people i know personally who have used it: http://www.smokeaway.com/ works AMAZING.

No side effects as most of the ingredients are natural herbs. I quit smoking Christmas Even 2003 and have no looked back. I use to smoke at least a pack and day and told many I loved smoking so much I'd take it to my grave.

The others that I know that quit using this also at one point in time said they would never quit as they loved it so much. You have to want to quit; or nothign will work...for me this stuff worked like a charm...took my first batch of pills at 10pm Christmas eve...went to sleep...woke up at 6am and threw out all my cigarettes.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Glad to see you guys quitting! As much as nicotine + other chemicals make you think its amazing, leaving you're family behind after a fight with cancer never makes up for it. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 for Smokeaway, I did the gum, patch, & lozenges. I have tried to quit at least 20 times. I smoked a pack a day for 19 years. & stopped almost 5 years ago using the
smokeaway. Also start putting $2 a day or whatever you spend on cigarettes in a
stuff for the Supra fund.
good luck

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I tried quitting New Years. Lasted about 2 and half days before I had tos moke. I hate being aggitated when I have the craving. Another thing that was hard for me was tmy routine. Mostly everything involved a cigarette. I've smoked since I was 15. I'm 19 about to be 20 this July. I'm not a heavy smoker, but I would just like to quit it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Trans, most of the guys who've posted here in this thread have quit or are in the process of quitting. Some have posted their methods, you can try them and if you need any info from anyone there's always the PMs. I don't hesitate to use that feature when someone has said something and I want to ask them more.

I wish you good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts