Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to ditch my Haynes manual and looked on eBay for a oem 1984 Celica Supra repair manual. I found one that looked nice, but was still a bit scuffed up as expected. Ordered it, and when it was delivered I opened the package and immediately noticed how new it looked, and how thick it was. Then I realized it was a reproduction. Either way the text is easy enough to read, I will say the pictures are dark as would be expected of a reproduction. I decided to keep it and just receive a partial refund from the seller (manualbasket on ebay, don’t recommend if you don’t want to spend 230 bucks on a reproduction manual when it’s advertised as an original copy). Anyways if you need something in particular from the manual I can post pictures of it, I couldn’t find a pdf version online so I’m hoping this is helpful.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
You paid $230 for a TSRM? Ouch.... With the free online version I pretty much never use the book anymore.

Reactions: Triplestan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You paid $230 for a TSRM? Ouch.... With the free online version I pretty much never use the book anymore.
Yeah, they’re all upwards of 150 bucks on eBay and the one I was looking at was in better shape than the others so I thought I’d splurge. I’m getting a 70 dollar refund on it though and I just don’t feel like dealing with returning it and ordering another one, so I’ll stick with the repro.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
If my memory is correct...Toyota did produce reprints of TSRMs for a while, I bought a few directly from Toyota and generally if the manual # ended in "A" which indicated a reprint. At the time my opinion was worth the cost as I couldn't really tell much difference.

Although your picture showed no manual # which it should even on the cover?? It does look off and the sellers others Supra TSRM on eBay as well too??.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I recently bought a '83 TSRM for $60 and guess what the manual # ends in... "A"

I didn't notice it until now!!

Hood Font Vehicle Rectangle Aqua

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
A seller that I have bought from numerous times is carboagez

Just bought a '84 TSRM from him...

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Well forget that theory I just found the CC receipt from the original owner in the TSRM dated 12/82.

I recently bought a '83 TSRM for $60 and guess what the manual # ends in... "A"

I didn't notice it until now!!

View attachment 18263

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
I'd assume its probably a revision. They made mistakes/corrections over time and fix them with a revision. The much newer ones are the grey cover striped ones. I have one of those I bought from thh dealer 20 ish years ago now.

Reactions: AJ
1 - 8 of 8 Posts