Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but look what i got tonight!!!!!

its a 1986 toyota pickup 4wd. 5 speed.

got it at a local car auction i go to every week. mom owns a used car lot so.... you get the idea....

also lucked out and my mom got a 68 mustang coupe with a 302 automatic. and a 64 chevrolet biscayne.

yall can begin the hate mail. lol.

-Danny

·
Registered
622 Posts
That is pretty cool, does it have any issues? Anyways you sir have another yota to add to your sig list.:thumbsup: And we wouldn't give you hate mail unless it was non-toyota.

·
Registered
599 Posts
hey...cool little truck, 86=IFS...great score !! you going to keep/drive it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What motor is in that the 22R or 22RE? Either way nice score I want one but they are still really pricey for a nice one

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is pretty cool, does it have any issues? Anyways you sir have another yota to add to your sig list.:thumbsup: And we wouldn't give you hate mail unless it was non-toyota.

does have some issues. idles extremely high. no tach so idk exactly what it is. i will post more pictures when i charge up my good camera and it's daylight. also the timing might be off...

spamalope said:
'64 biscayne! Nice, 4dr yes? 250 or 283?
It is a 4 door. havent checked it out yet but we think it may be a 400 cu in. not sure though.

truck definitely wins.

CelSup: i am definitely keeping this one. first year of IFS and 2nd year of EFI. correct? thats why the 85's are so sought after, because it had the solid front axle but EFI.

it is a 22RE. engine bay is clean. but it was pressure washed and then they sprayed silicone lubricant on the whole thing to make it look shiney and detailed. just a helpful trick if you're trying to sell something that you otherwise wouldnt get as much money out of.

now... dum dum dummmmm... what i paid for it......... $1000.00

it runs alright. drove it a couple miles from the auction to the car lot. got it sitting there for the time being until i can do some work to it and get it running right.

also drove the 68 mustang about 30 miles to my moms house. her boyfriend drove the biscayne. just two more vehicles to add to our current collection of 2-1965 ford thunderbirds. a MG midget. a MG B. 5 square bodied style chevy trucks from 1978-1986. the 86 is 90% restored. also have a 70's VW bug. we also have some old monte carlos with 350's. my dad has a delorean. 3 mercedes. a jaguar. i got 3 supras and a celica gts hatchback. and this new toyota truck.

this doesnt include the late model stuff we drive daily. we are planning on building a 100x100foot (minimum) shop so we can begin restoring all of our projects. and im sure i left out some on that list...

yeah... as barry maguire would say... im CAR CRAZY!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
does have some issues. idles extremely high. no tach so idk exactly what it is. i will post more pictures when i charge up my good camera and it's daylight. also the timing might be off...

now... dum dum dummmmm... what i paid for it......... $1000.00

Yeah check for old cracked or loose vacuum lines and play with the timing. also check the intake tubes for cracks/leaks.

Good deal for a G for sure. Nice looking truck, pretty slick paint job too :thumbsup:

The 86-95 ifs trucks had a recall on the steering relay rods. As far as I know, that recall has expired. You might look into replacing it and checking the rest of your steering components if it appears it has not been done. Other than that, a tune up and some fluid changes and you should be good to go. 22RE is a great motor as is the W56 and 21 spline tcase you've got.

Check out www.marlincrawler.com for a lot of heavy duty replacement stock parts. they have a whole line of HD oil seals, hd clutches, etc. Love the 2nd generation 4wd truck/4runner body style!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks man. im gonna look into that steering issue. it drove pretty good. just needs some good ol' TLC.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
took another look at my truck today and got some pictures. it is a 22R. not RE. I didnt pay any attention to it at the auction. will post the pics shortly when i get them off my good camera.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are the pics. If anyone has any suggestions for how I should redo parts of the truck I am definitely open to ideas. The interior is about shot. Need suggestions on seats that work, paint schemes, interior colors, etc. I have no idea what direction I want to take with the truck at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

-Danny

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now you have no reason to miss the June meet. :D
well i wasnt gonna miss it anyway. even if i have to drive my DD (a 2004 chevy 2500hd crew cab) lol. but this yota truck needs some engine work done. hopefully i will be able to work on it when im at work tomorrow at the car lot.

we will see though. id prefer to drive a yota to the meet but i will drive a chevy if i have to... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts