Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i worked saturday, was off monday cuz i worked sat, got my check on mon...he looked at me funny when he handed me my check, i left, went in tuesday for work like usual...said what's there to do and he said nothing...i cant afford to pay you...either u or the other guy is stealing money from the till, i gotta let you go....saturday WAS ur last day

So yeah....he's got a major gambling problem and to cover up to his wife, he canned me....how pathetic!!!

Any jobs out there??

This thread should probably be in THE TOILET, because NOT HAVING A JOB SUCKS!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry to hear this, bro. Looking for work is dealing with lots of rejection. When I was pounding the pavement, I would come home and work on getting my Supra running. Now it runs great. I hope your time in between jobs isn't as long as mine!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Sorry to hear about losing your job. I lost one of my 2 jobs on Wednesday. you called it right, No Job Sucks! But the bills keep coming. Hope you find a better one soon.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Good luck to all you guys out there that are loosing\have lost jobs. I'd be bankrupt in minutes if I lost mine. Things get slow for me in the winter months and it's hard to stay afloat. Good luck to you all.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
...i cant afford to pay you...either u or the other guy is stealing money from the till...
Where's the proof and how about your coworker? If you get dismissed there should also be a cheque for two weeks pay.

I suppose once you both are gone his wife will find out the truth real quick. Then he'll be gone.

Good luck. I wish the best in your search.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I know how the unemployment thing feels right now. I've been out since August. Finding a job that works with my class hours is pretty tough, especially right now. I've been fortunate that some of my clients at the bike shop still bring me some work at the house now and then to keep my head above water. Good luck in your search. For me, it's always worked out for the better in one way or another, so I hope that it does the same for you.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
If you get dismissed there should also be a cheque for two weeks pay.
Not in the good ol USA. The Individual states have different rules, but in most states, they can hire and fire at will. You are only owed for time you work. If I quit tomorrow, its written into my contract that I HAVE to give 2 weeks notice to collect vacation/sick leave owed. If they fire me, they dont have to pay those monies. His only recourse would be to sue for "unfair termination", and business owner can say whatever he wants about situation in court, burden of proof is on employee, in most instances. Good luck finding new job.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good luck in your job search. I've been fortunate since there's so many people out of work all around me. Hang in there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys and what CarFreek said is so amazingly true..it would be nice to get that 22 hours of vacation i had accrued since i used it all this summer, but i won't get it. The other guy doesn't steal either....we have been pissed off about it for so long, we just don't know how to bring it up to his wife..so we let it go and let him keep digging his hole deeper and deeper, hoping his shovel breaks soon :) haha....yeah, i gotta call a guy in California about a job tomorrow...not exactly sure what it entails, but i know i can do almost anything that requires manual labor and general know-how.

Thanks for the encouragement!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I went through this in March. Good luck with your search and do all you can to keep your spirits up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts