Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

I love Autocross

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  trdmkii 
#1 ·
Man it was soo great today, i finished second and got a trophy. Even with my 18 year old suspension and street tires....lol there was like 9 GS cars today and the course was fast for a change instead of hairpin frenzy. And i finished 2nd only to a 2002 svt focus with race rubber. I know i would have had him if i had race rubber...lol i need new shocks and rubber and i know i could win GS....woo hoo, man i'm pumped i was throwing that thing around the course...damn i'm soo happy just had to let everyone know.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
unfortunatly my family or my gf dont' enjoy my passion and i travel to these events alone, i wish i had someone to take pictures or videos but i do not, i have a couple other friends that go to the events with me one has an ae86 with major suspension mods and the other has an 87 civic with integra drivetrain and suspension.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
you are allowed race rubber as long as the meet dot specs, for example some hoosiers or the best is the kuhmo estca 700 racers or something, and i can use adjustable shocks but not coilovers, i'm not allowed to lower the car any....but if i replace the 20 yr old stuff with better stuff it will improve my results a lot

Discussion starter · #13 ·
_HOT_M16 said:
Allowed Stock:

Catback, cannot be straightpipe.
Tires, anything DOT legal, including R-compounds.
Any shock/strut you want.
Any front swaybar you'd like.
Any brake pads.
Remove your air filter.

As for tires, those Kuhmos are qite inferior to Hoosiers, but still kick the hell out of any street tire. And you canot replace the springs with anything other than oem stock springs.

--BillyM
Thanks Billy for the info, i've been meaning to buy a rule book but i'm pretty cheap, i need to get my 84 running before i throw too much money away, but anyways thank you very much....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.