Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the ACT and like it - it eliminated all the bucking and slipping I got from stock - take up is smooth - easy to control on launches over 3000rpm but a bit heavy when your stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
turbosupra0101 said:
Sweet now hows the engagement ?
It engages just fine...nice and solid, but it's still smooth. Launches nicely from a dead stop, and gear shifts are smooth as well.

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
ewww yellow pressure plate *gag* LOL just kiddin!
the clutch plate I pulled out of my Blackpra this weekend looked similar to the ACT clutch plate only mine has 6 springs not 4.
Can someone tell me the difference in how many springs there are? Is it better to have more or few?

I'm kinda dumb about clutches sorry

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Here are the specs of the ACT kit I bought from Rabid Chimp:

Clutch Kit Number: TS1-HDMM
Applications: 5ME/5MGE/7MGE 2800cc, 236mm
Torque Capacity: 277
Pressure Increase: 35% Over Stock
Weight: 17.00 lbs.
ACT Pressure Plate: T-021
ACT Disc: TYSD018M
Release Bearing: RB201
Pilot Bearing: PB1004
Alignment Tool: AT11

Tanya,

From what I was told...the four spring clutch discs typical have a harsher engagment vs. the 6 spring modified street disc like I bought. Act states this on their website about the TS1HDR4 and TS1HDR6 kits: *Not recommended for street use due to harsh engagement.

Aaron and his supplier both agreed that since this is a daily driver, getting anything else other than what I bought would be very annoying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the springs in the clutch act as shock absorbers. the more you have, the smoother the shifting. The reason for having less is for after market clutches which desire quick shifts. My friend has an sr20 240sx who got a 6 puck unsprung clutch and looks like an asshole in traffic becuase he bounces like a mofo in first gear. it is a full racing clutch though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts