Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

I need paint help!!!

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Linchmob 
#1 ·
hey yall, doing project 7mgte in my mk2 and I am driving myself crazy on my paint scheme for my car. The original crappy paint is the greyish blue, I want to paint the car black with red trim but just cant bring myself to strip my firewall. If possible I need some Ideas, its driving me vcrazy, if I stay original which I really dont want to what could look better ppl??? I guess I'm really asking for opinions black or grayish blue...original or new...:32:

#6 ·
You could go 2-tone like the darkgrey/silver 85's but substitute black for the silver. Maybe someone can do a photoshop of this for you using one of these pics as a starting point:

BTW this car is for sale under $2k, or can part it out if there is sufficient interest.

Bob

#11 ·
Moonpie you beat me to it. Soon as I saw it and blinked my eyes I said FAIL in my head.

Once I have a second vehicle I want to paint my car. Keep it original. I'm gonna have to decide what I want to do when it comes to the bumper skins (front and rear) and trim. Even the mudflaps (I keep them for added HP and girls dig mudflaps) will get attention :)

#12 ·
dude! chicks SO dig mudflaps. cause you totally sink your supra in the mud. and they had like 500HP! i mean, how could you NOT love mudflaps. :zzzzz::laugh:

#13 ·
Most of these Supra with blown headgasets, I bet if the owner goes into the garage and reinstalls his mudflaps (he took them off for some strange reason) she'll run true again.

He doesn't like to show it to a lot of folks, but Chuck Norris has a Supra, and has his mudflaps on. If that ain't proof that they're godly I don't know what is.

And I reiterate, keep your stock paint.

#14 ·
lawl. that is probably true man.

i also would keep stock paint.

#15 ·
Paint job

Any automotive paint job is only as good as the effort that went into it - I reckon if you REALLY want it black then do it black, and if you do it yourself and it turns out horrid you only have yourself to blame - I have been painting cars for many years and most people here (Kangaroo Island) only want their car to look ok as they drive past the cops - on the other side of the coin you could easily spend $10,000 on a paint job and be terrified of scratches, chips - whatever floats your boat eh !! cheers pitscars

#16 ·
Here is the car with the black instead of the silver:

Whay don't you just find a colour that you like that is similar to the original colour that way you don't need to strip the whole car. Thats what I'm doing with my Burgundy Supra.

See this image as an example:

Or just go real crazy and do this:

#17 ·
Thanks for all your opinions, after much heated debate for a few months now...I know that I am going to go original paint scheme, with the black hockey sticks. Original it actually looks pretty good fresh. I have already done some interior and suspension work to this car. I love my car!!!!!!!! :salute:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.