Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so heres the deal, my brother had a 2003 celica GT-S with the 2zzge engine in it with 100k miles and he spun a rod bearing, it has been sitting in my barn for about 4 years now and i think its time to rebuild and sell or part out and sell, the thing is i need to get the crankshaft ground down to remove the excess metal that the bearing left over.. now i was just thinking i can put 500 bucks into this motor and probley sell it around 1500 at the highest but what kind of money do you think ill get from parting it out? now when i say everything is here i mean EVERYTHING, wiring harness, throttle body, headers, intake manifold, head, pistons, even the foam that goes in between the intake manifold and the plastic engine cover. Please give me your thoughts, Thanks, Scott

Here are some pictures. http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/Revosmasher/2ZZ-GE/

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
do you own a mkII ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha no thats a very funny question though because thats why im selling this, i have to have an vw mk2 rabbit, we may be on different wavelenths man im a volkswagen guy just with a toyota engine

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wrong forum, even so if the bearing spun you should get a new used but not spun crankshaft, rod/s, gasket set (full), all new bearings, and a good wash, tune up and get it clean clean clean. I have seen these celicas go for around 5k which you should get if the paint, interior and body are all in great shape. If it's a little beat you may get 1500-3000 for it running. By the way this forum is dedicated to celica supras, not celicas but if they are in the same gen it's ok as they share common traits just to let you know, anyways good luck with your project/sale.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Go on fleabay and find what you might need, put the motor back together sell it and at the very least get a 3rd Gen Celica, i'm sure most of the people on this site would prefer a MkII Celica Supra but i bet they would atleast be happy you got out of the VDUB and into anything with a Flying Dragon on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha well i guess my thread title was true, i did need direction and you guys gave it to me thanks, and as for getting in a rice burner? dont count on it anytime soon bub haha VW FTW

·
Registered
622 Posts
^ the 2zz was and may still be used in the lotus elise, a very good motor to say the least. Yamaha designed the head and it is like 7-8k rpm redline stock depending on model. Would love to put one in an mr2 1st gen and boost it. Really don't know much about volkswagens except they are usually fwd. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes it is still used BUT it is supercharged putting out 250 ponies and yeah it was a good motor from what i remember, and i was extremely curious when i saw yamaha on the timing chain cover, all i know about these motors is they are very capable if you have the budget, and volkswagens.. oh man where should i start? reliability, handling or performance? haha not to get in a pissing match about brands, cars are cars and we share the same love

1 - 9 of 9 Posts