Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions, first one is about replacing my bad struts, the other is about brakes acting screwy!

I am going to replace the front struts and probably the back ones too (Front struts are totally bad). Any way, what struts would folks recommend? Are Tokiko Blues a lot better than just replacement struts? How much of an improvement in handling would I notice from getting performance struts over just normal replacement ones? Also how do Koni struts compare? I found the Koni yellow’s for the front for $90+ each. Any thoughts on mixing sport struts with stock struts? How would handling be if I had performance struts in front and stock in the back. Or stock up front and performance in the back. I am a bit of a know nothing so any insight would be great. Also if you know of any deals on struts you would care to let me in on, do tell me about them.

Brake problem. My brakes are being very inconsistent . Some times when I press on the brake pedal, it doesn’t go down very far (lots of resistance), and I get some serious stopping power, the kind of stopping power you would expect a mid 80’s sports car to have. But other times when I push on the brake, the pedal goes almost to the floor and barely does anything! This is very scary! However, if this happens I just have to let up and push it again swiftly to get it to grab like it should. Is this something simple to fix or will I have to take it to a mechanic? In the trouble shooting section of my supra repair manual it says these symptoms are due to the brake pad getting stuck on rust or dirt. However the manual doesn’t say exactly what to clean or how to do it. So if some one else has had this problem and fixed it themselves, please tell me how.

Any comments on either subject would be a great help! I am very unknowing and don’t want to screw up my MkII any more than it is. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm personally a fan of replacing all shocks and struts at the same time. Replacing only one set isn't really a good idea. There are many places here on the forum about this topic and who has what.

The brakes sound to me like they need bleeding. They're acting like you have air in the line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts