Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5mgte is still running stock brakes, but I think they are running hot.
After driving 2000 miles I beginning having vibrations and think its because of heat. Made it that way twice now and would like they last longer.

Therefore I think will go slottet and drilled rotors and racing pads.
I still running stock rims 14 inches.

Let me hear your knowledge with drilled rotors and racing pads.
And where to buy it.

Mk2 Gold

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry, no advice yet on brake system.
Anyway, I really like the color of you MKII :thumbsup:
Is there another thread where I can see more pictures of your car?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Domi - thanks
Search my name and the threadstarter i have done - there will be pictures

Mk2 Gold Denmark

·
Registered
788 Posts
kind of hard to recomend brands when i'm not sure what you can even get over there. there are many posts about this subject though and many combinations. your best option really is to upgrade the brakes to something larger because there isn't much selection for stock, and they can only do so much anyway. you should look into doing the Q45 or Z32 brake swap for the front at least.

·
Registered
402 Posts
if your not looking to increase braking power and just having problems with heat then a good slotted/ cross drilled rotor will do the job but with this you'll get much more brake dust on your rims and tires... maybe try routing a vent in behind your wheel from the front to get some cool air flowing through... quite easily done with some cheap ducting from a hardware store...
bigger brake upgrade will give you more options but you'll need bigger rims to fit...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of you must have tried it , replaced stock.
It very rare overhere,, It possible to find in uk, but think its cheapest i usa.. low dollarprice.

·
Registered
788 Posts
well i replaced my stock setup with raybestos pads and rotors, which are pretty good as far as regular brakes. not sure if you can get those in the uk though, but they are avail on ebay too.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
driving habits play a huge role. Although premium pads and rotors make a difference, if you drive like a maniac and slam on your breaks everytime, even those premium pads/rotors will need to be replaced in the not too distant future

1 - 10 of 10 Posts