Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had an awesome event today called Exotcis vs the world. Everythig the from Lambos,GTR's, Mclarrens(sp?), vipers..blah blah.

heres a FB linky
http://www.facebook.com/events/298163680294005/

I ran on street tires..huge mistake BTW. My 1st run (480HP tune)was against some M3 BMW and i got beat by a tenth of a second, but if i had more track...would of killed it. My 60' is horrible..2.5 seconds. I ran around 84mph.

I ran my 2nd run on my big 670HP tune and was spinning all the way through the trap at 85mph, yes..spinning at 85MPH! Holly shit i couldnt believe i spun the tires the whole 1/8mile!god i need DR's! im a pedaling byatch on this tune.

after the 2nd run i put it back to my 480HP tune.

3rd run the wheel hop was so bad I had to lift and then floor it again...ran around 80mph.

So then i was thinking..i need to just come out of the hole like a big ol wimp..I managed to line up next to my friend with an SC400 2JZ swap pushing 600+hp.

SO i launched easy(480HP tune at 13psi)..i mean like i just left a stop sign..lol

.2187 reaction time
2.50 60'
ran a slow ET 9.32
but picked up some speed to 89mph.

I got a win by .0049 seconds..yeah! he was running me down with his big 80mm turbo, but he ran outta track..lol.

this car is geared perfect (3:42)for the 1/8th i think..i can bounce it off redline..7Krpms right at the trap in 3rd gear. I think a safe redline for me would be 7500K-8000K on stock head with 264 cams. this is just from a quick google search. i feel better at 7Krpms for the sake of longevity.

so, after my 1st 1/8 mile run i learned that the 1/8 sucks for me...i need the 1/4 to make up some speed on the big end of the track. Im ordering drag radials soon, I will still soft launch but if I can keep from spinning... OMG, this car will pull like a friggin freight train.

I was disappointed with my traction issues but I was the only celica supra there and I rep'd our beloved celica supras the best i could....I had crowds around the car all day.:thumbsup:

THX CS.com for everything..I couldnt have done it without you.

here a pic of me and my fellow www.texassupras.com homies hanging out behind my trailer..alot of HP in this shot!!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Now you finally get to feel what I did when I spun half way down the track when I was up at your drag strip in New Mexico. Fun shit isn't it to have no traction when you want or need it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cool runnings!
When you have traction, it'll be even more awesome, then the exotics will see your MKII potential.
A quarter mile will show the legs better!
Have fun...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Sorry for the one month thread revival, i have not been on here much.

Try setting up the boost by gear option in the AEM. The ability to only make 8-10 psi (wastegate spring) in 1st and 2nd gear so you dont blow the tires off of it is quite nice, Mine was set that way with the 2 step turned on as well. Then once running DR's I would turn it back off and only use the 2-step. Then post pics of shattered axels please.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL..! i only have 1 set of spare axles..i gotta be careful. Im not running my boost controller yet. I run off the stock 13psi spring, then i unhook the wastegate and it peaks out about 26psi, this is where it was tuned to. I just have to hook up my mac valve and set it all up.

I had the privilege of racing a modded GTR on the highway a few weeks ago with my DR's on, granted it was pretty cold out..i managed to beat him only by a fender up to 130mph. I spun the tires at 100mph when i shifted to 4th and the boost came on...then i had to pedal it slightly and wasnt able to pull on him like i should of...and my engine sputtered to due to my fuel pump not switched to high and it staved of fuel ..dumb mistake on my behalf.

So, when it warms up and i can get these tires nice and sticky and head to the 1/4 mile track this time,( im done with the 1/8) with my 1 set of spare axles...i will see what happens and report back with pics.

But im with you, i want to be rid of this rear end and axle set badly. I know i could pop it like a zit if i wanted, but i might as well keep it alive to sell and fab in something a little more stout, like the 8.8IRS, corvette rear, MK3 or MK4 rear end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts