1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Found My Truck

89 F150 Custom
300 EFI Inline 6 (see the trend?)
5 Speed Manual (another part of the trend)
112,xxx miles

It's a dealer selling. Nu-Wheels. Called them, it's $1675, he'll finance for $700 down. $100 every two weeks, no interest. Charges $175 processing fee, but that goes in what I owe, not part of down-payment.

I'm at least gonna go see this thing. Needs paint, but I don't care about that right now. I want a truck for work and hunting season (which starts TOMORROW!!:zzzzz:)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Buying a truck will mean the Supra can start to get pampered, albeit slowly. If you can talk me out of it, go ahead, if not, my search for a truck is just about over.

Page 4; I bought different truck for $300

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
eeksss dont pay more the 1300 for that!!!
i have a 91 inline 4 the i6 is no good bad gas mileage and power well what power?
look around for a nice 4 cyc or a nissan mini truck, they will last forever.
but its your choice and your money

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't just gonna fork over money for it haha. Gotta haggle haha.

No power in the I6? They're not known for HP, they're rep is torque. Gas mileage? I've got the Supra if I need gas mileage, and if I REALLY cared about that I'd sell the Supra for a Celica haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBsXOW6JVzM

I kinda like the sound of saying both my vehicles have a straight 6 motor. And wouldn't mind a descendant of my father's old F100 Ranger (which is gone).

There are a few reasons I want an 300I6 F150.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The 300 I6 will run forever, my friend has an 89 with over 500k on the clock. It still runs like a champ, Granted its not a speed demon, but it gets the job done. Only time its ever let anybody down is when the d/a driver has run out of gas, lol. And about two years ago his brother drove it from VA to Arizona to see a friend graduate from the military academy. Don't be afraid.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't get me wrong Moonie (I can call you Moonie?) I MISS my Celica and the one I see every so often makes me wish I still had it and that 300K 22RE that was under the hood.

It's almost funny hearing a Supra owner rep 4 cylinders, even when it does come to trucks haha.

The Nissan HardBody's are sexy trucks, but expensive around here unless they need fixing, and I don't want to do fixing with hunting season upon us. Toyota trucks suffer the same fate I'm afraid.

Ever pulled your Supra with your mini Moonie? Not trying to be funny, asking straight up haha.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i have pulled up to 4000lbs with the mini i only pulled it a mile but boy she has power :)

look for the ford 4cyclinders i paid 1000 for mine little beat up but it runs amazing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My dad had the F-150 with the i6. He didn't like it because of the lack of power. After I drove it, I thought the same. When he had enough, he put in a built 460. He was not dissappointed with it after that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
300I6 is a great motor. One of the few truly great motors that Ford ever built. Not high hp, but torque is awesome, especially with a granny 1st 5 speed. Runs forever and simple to work on.

If you want a beater truck that won't let you down, go for it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My towing/beater/mud/woods/trail rig.
350 motor, 350 trans, np203 transfer case. 6 in susp lift. 33 in mud tires.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
i said go for it..i need a truck too, planning to sell the 00 sable and buy a old truck chevy or ford, and is a 5 speed !!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I've come to the conclusion that I refuse to be almost broke getting this deal going. My check will be deposited sometime tonight, and I will go to the bank tomorrow and open up a Saving's Account and throw $300 in there. In two weeks, $300 more, and so on.

I also don't think I want to deal with another payment plan, so I'm gonna call him up tomorrow and tell him I won't be visiting. I'm gonna save up about $900 and buy off Craigslist (guess where the Supra came from?), then start saving again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well I've come to the conclusion that I refuse to be almost broke getting this deal going. My check will be deposited sometime tonight, and I will go to the bank tomorrow and open up a Saving's Account and throw $300 in there. In two weeks, $300 more, and so on.

I also don't think I want to deal with another payment plan, so I'm gonna call him up tomorrow and tell him I won't be visiting. I'm gonna save up about $900 and buy off Craigslist (guess where the Supra came from?), then start saving again.

thats the way i do it. bought me 3 supras and a astro van and didnt pay more than 500 bucks for any of em.

craigslist is especially awesome when someone sells something with a minor problem for cheap because they think it will cost a bunch and dont know anything about it. why i got my DD supra for $500....

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm new to Supra's, but not to Toyota... and IMO, everyone needs a truck. Any questions on how I feel about trucks? Check out my signature to see a little more. The link will take you to what has occupied my time over the last decade. And, like all other projects - STILL NOT DONE.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I don't plan on buying anything yellow but if you gave it to me sure as hell I'd drive it haha. Proudly too.
While I will most certainly NOT just give it to you, I do appreciate the compliment. I've spent the better part of the last decade working on it, so I think I'll have to be burried in it when I die. At least, that's my wish.

Gawd I wish I could figure out how to post pictures. I enjoy seeing everyone elses, but can never seem to make mine work :32:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha, I gotcha man. That'll be a big whole in the ground to fit that thing in lol.

My truck fund is bout to halt real quick. I eyed the DOT on my front tires the other day. They're 9 years old. They are coming off next week haha. The rears are 235 Futuras I bought earlier this year, but I'm not buying 235s this time. All 4 tires are coming off. I'm heading to North Carolina again on Nov 12 and not driving there on 9 year old tires again.

205 70R 14 W rated tires all the way around is what I'm gonna run I think.

If I have money left over after buying tires, oil for my oil change, pay bill, then I'll throw some in savings.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts