Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Oh geesh probably ha!! Old fireman who has CRS...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Beautiful car; great find! I also believe you can tell it is an early one because there are no splash guards......right?

·
POTATO
17,251 Posts
Wrong guys. The 1982 didn't come from the factory with the sunshade, however it was an OPTION. 1983 is when it was standard for P type cars. This is for the US market at least.

·
Super Moderator
8,315 Posts
Yeah, but the majority of them had it just like the fancy stereo.

·
POTATO
17,251 Posts
That doesn't negate the fact that it wasn't standard in 1982, which is what Archie was questioning.

My 82 blood panda did not have it. 🤷

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Very interesting...I'll be chatting with the original owner and see if he remembers if it was an option or not and check the bill of sale.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
That doesn't negate the fact that it wasn't standard in 1982, which is what Archie was questioning.
He didn't think it was available at all. It was possible to order any of the pre 85 cars without it. It's rare, but theres a few later cars floating around out there that left the factory without.

I'm not sure if it was an option or standard in Canada for 82 PTypes, but pretty much all of them had it. It's a similar deal for the mk4. The spoiler was standard on the Turbo for all years, but all years and models could be special ordered with or without it.

·
Super Moderator
8,315 Posts
I always thought it was weird that only 84s with leather didn't get the rear spoiler. I always wondered how they came to that decision.

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Weird...

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
So they could offer the mega rare clear burgandy rear spoiler I suppose? Who knows, there's always some weird rare option on cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Gabe,
I have an 82 with the same colors. My car is also in excellent original condition. I will probably list it here soon. I'm preparing to sell my 83 and will be putting it up today! Great Find
IMG_6358.JPG

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Amazing!! It just arrived today and I Love it!
I'm actually looking for the 2 orange side marker lens and floor mats. Would you know where I can buy that stuff? Or would you have anything to sell? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,315 Posts
You can still buy the early side marker lights from the dealer and they are available aftermarket as well. They are common to a lot of Toyotas. Floor mat if you want custom I have Lloyds, but I'm sure there are others.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts