Left P/N 81740-19286
There's aftermarket on Amazon or if you want OEM

or

Reactions: gabessupra

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW!

Looks familiar. Can I ask what setup you used to polish your rims? I tried to polish mine but the compound was not good and I ended up doing it by hand (not a very good job). What was the paint you used?
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Wow is right! Looks like they're twins!
So I spent about 5 hours and worked my fingers to the bone to get them looking pretty good.
The first thing I did was sprayed a diluted acid based cleaner and used a very harsh cone type brush to penetrate the rims. Then used 400grit sand paper on every hole. Then power wash. Then dried them off perfectly, and started using the buffing process with compound. After a ton of buffing with compound I started to use Mother's Mag cleaner with a different buffing wheel. After doing all the rims I power washed them with soap again. Dried them off again and manually applied Mother's chrome polish. Once they looked good I used black laquer touch up paint to do all the black lines.
Easy stuff 😜

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow is right! Looks like they're twins!
So I spent about 5 hours and worked my fingers to the bone to get them looking pretty good.
The first thing I did was sprayed a diluted acid based cleaner and used a very harsh cone type brush to penetrate the rims. Then used 400grit sand paper on every hole. Then power wash. Then dried them off perfectly, and started using the buffing process with compound. After a ton of buffing with compound I started to use Mother's Mag cleaner with a different buffing wheel. After doing all the rims I power washed them with soap again. Dried them off again and manually applied Mother's chrome polish. Once they looked good I used black laquer touch up paint to do all the black lines.
Easy stuff 😜

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gabe,
Did you use an Aluminum buffing compound to start with? What kind of paint did you use between the 'spokes'. Its some kind of silver paint?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Right p/n 81730-19306
Left P/N 81740-19286
There's aftermarket on Amazon or if you want OEM

or
Aren'the right and left lenses interchangeable?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gabe, do you have any photos of the interior or under the hood? I'm interested in finding out if our cars were identically equipped from the factory.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts