Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Ice Blue Baby

6K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  RedP85 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just bought an 82 supra from the original 82 year old owner! Never winter driven,it's exactly how it came from the factory. So excited!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Classic car

See less See more
#33 ·
I always thought it was weird that only 84s with leather didn't get the rear spoiler. I always wondered how they came to that decision.

#34 ·
Weird...

#40 ·
You can still buy the early side marker lights from the dealer and they are available aftermarket as well. They are common to a lot of Toyotas. Floor mat if you want custom I have Lloyds, but I'm sure there are others.

#42 ·
Right p/n 81730-19306
Left P/N 81740-19286
There's aftermarket on Amazon or if you want OEM

or

Reactions: gabessupra
#51 ·
Right p/n 81730-19306
Left P/N 81740-19286
There's aftermarket on Amazon or if you want OEM

or
Aren'the right and left lenses interchangeable?

#47 ·
Wow is right! Looks like they're twins!
So I spent about 5 hours and worked my fingers to the bone to get them looking pretty good.
The first thing I did was sprayed a diluted acid based cleaner and used a very harsh cone type brush to penetrate the rims. Then used 400grit sand paper on every hole. Then power wash. Then dried them off perfectly, and started using the buffing process with compound. After a ton of buffing with compound I started to use Mother's Mag cleaner with a different buffing wheel. After doing all the rims I power washed them with soap again. Dried them off again and manually applied Mother's chrome polish. Once they looked good I used black laquer touch up paint to do all the black lines.
Easy stuff 😜

#48 ·
Wow is right! Looks like they're twins!
So I spent about 5 hours and worked my fingers to the bone to get them looking pretty good.
The first thing I did was sprayed a diluted acid based cleaner and used a very harsh cone type brush to penetrate the rims. Then used 400grit sand paper on every hole. Then power wash. Then dried them off perfectly, and started using the buffing process with compound. After a ton of buffing with compound I started to use Mother's Mag cleaner with a different buffing wheel. After doing all the rims I power washed them with soap again. Dried them off again and manually applied Mother's chrome polish. Once they looked good I used black laquer touch up paint to do all the black lines.
Easy stuff 😜

#55 ·
This car is now in Quebec, own by a MR2's owner, and he is very happy to have found a sooo nice 82.
I saw the car in a meet last weekend, and it is amazing (original) for the mileage.
I hope the new owner will join here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.