Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could post some pics/descriptions of the stereo setup's in their cars?

I'm just fishing for idea's on locations of speakers, the sizes used and subwoofer/amp placement's.

Ive got a nice pioneer/kicker setup in my Nissan pulsar SSS (soon to be sold to fund my 1jz project)
But theres not much likelyhood of my pulsar's stereo setup going into the supra to easily.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My system went in in 1995, which is why some of the components are older in the photos. The head unit was originally a Sony single disc, but it was recently replaced with a Jensen MP3/single disc unit. The EQ is a Alpine unit, and amp is a Fosgate 4X60 watt. The speakers are JBL in the front (Speakers are stock size & placement) and Sony in the rear deck. The sub is a Fosgate 12" in a box that I need to carpet. The amp has 2 channels bridged on the 12" and the other 2 channels handle left & right. I do not have Front/back separation because of this setup, but I haven't missed it.

If I were to build the system today, I would use Polk speakers all around, but the rest of the stuff works pretty well.

Here are a couple of pics:

http://sailfish.exis.net/~sfsound/supra_page/Supra_pics/Sup_Stereo01.jpg

http://sailfish.exis.net/~sfsound/supra_page/Supra_pics/Sup_Amp01.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers fella's

i've picked up some good ideas so far, i like what you did with the doors barnzi, are those speaker mounts custom or can i get them somewhere?

Also looking for subwoofer idea's.
i was looking for either a single 12" or 2x 10" subs.

anyone got any ideas whether to use a sealed or ported sub setup in the supra?
my music tastes range from metal/techno/hip-hop, you know the usual shit :D

my setup in the pulsar is a sealed 12" and that seems to work quite nicely, but i was leaning more towards a twin 10" setup in the supra because of height issues with the back seat (damn spare tyre!) and i would take it out but it will prolly bring me bad karma and i'll get a flat when im out and about with no spare in the boot! :lol:

Anyone go any more pics to add?

·
Registered
794 Posts
http://home.attbi.com/~koden/mkii.htm

It is a Kenwood MP3 deck, 3.5" and 1" Audiobahns in the 4 corners and a 250w amp running bridged to one 10" sub. Both sub and amp are Audiobahn also. Sub is in a sealed box.

I wanted to be able to take the sub and amp out when I wanted to hence the exposed wires in the back.

I ran 6 gauge wire from the battery to the sub for power. It took me a while to get the wire all routed. I tore all the trim out and ran the wire in the OEM wire harness. I left the OEM speaker and radio connecres intect in case I keep the system when I sell the car.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am running all stock speakers (soon to be replaced, prolly with pioneers). A pioneer DEH3200. Two Planet Audio comp 12's and planet audio 400x2 amp in a dual ported box. I am going to get rid of the ported box. In my other car, with a trunk, I got better bass with the ports, but in this car it just vibrates too much and doesnt "kick" hard enough. I listen to a lot of trance/dance/techno and inested of BOOM BOOM BOOM I get MMPH BUZZ MPH BUZZ MPH BUZZ. In my opinion, go with sealed box.

-Ken

·
Registered
32 Posts
SUB tip

Just a quick note, it is best to point your sub towards the rear of the car, you will notice a difference.
:idea:
Regards

Wayne

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Crf,
I see you have alot of Audiobahn equipment in your car. I'm an authorized dealer for Bahn, and I thought you might like a coplle of tips about their stuff. Also I can get you whatever you need or want for Bahn gear just let me know. One of the biggest thingsI've learned about their woofers is that most of them get off and sound better in ported boxes vs. sealed. The difference is incredable, the other thing that I noticed about your setup, is that if you were to fire the sub towards the back of the car it would get off much better, Trust me this is what my life revolves around.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ive got a clarion deck, dxz835mp, alpine mrp-m350 amp, kicker 10" solobaric in a sealed box, alpine sps-1029 4" speakers, and some crappy MA audio 5x7 in the rear.

i just put it in the car and played with it in the garage the other day, and it sounded great.

very strong, very very strong bass from the single kicker.

if you listen to metal and techno, i can only suggest a 10", single or multiple sub set up.
12s get muddy unless used with a very powerful amp, because most amps cant control the cone well enough to pull off the fast, punchy bass that most metal has.

this isnt set in stone, as there are setups that can work well with 12" subs, but from my experience, 10s sound cleaner, although they wont deliver the deep, constant bass of rap as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts