Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify theses wires for me.

The first is in the bundle at the drivers side fuse box. I can not find anything to plug it in to. Is it one of those wires that goes nowhere? The second photo is out of focus a little. The camera would not focus well but it is a single wire.

The second is in the drivers door. I again can not find anything for this to plug in to.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
#1 Is your car auto?, does the wire have a light blue stripe on it and look like this at the end:

-if so, it is the ECT check connector: goes nowhere normally.

#2, If your car have the door lock buttons in the driver door, that would be it.
3 wires: Yellow/Red, White/Light blue, White/Black

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#1 Is your car auto?, does the wire have a light blue stripe on it and look like this at the end:

-if so, it is the ECT check connector: goes nowhere normally.

#2, If your car have the door lock buttons in the driver door, that would be it.
3 wires: Yellow/Red, White/Light blue, White/Black

The first wire is orange with a blue stripe on it and the car is a 5 speed.

the doors locks are in the center console.

thanks for the help.

Jim

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
does the firewall data plate says W58 oe A34...
could the door be a swapped in 84+ ?

For the first plug, please provide a wider area view.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Jim, the first pic looks like a courtesy switch to me (the switch that turns the dome light on and off). Your power window switches are in the console? What year is your car?

·
Registered
7,090 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim, the first pic looks like a courtesy switch to me (the switch that turns the dome light on and off). Your power window switches are in the console? What year is your car?

Mark,
The dome lights work and that wire is not connected. What else do you think it could be. Now this car did have and after market sun roof put in but from what I can tell that wireing should have nothing to do with this.

My window switches are on the doors, my locks are in the center console.

is that near the battery or the left side kick panel ?

REdP85,

it ,is on the left side kick panel near the fuse box.

Jim

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I taught it was the left fuse box, near the battery, hence the suggestion about the ECT service connector.
Obviously not that on your location. I've look a lot at the EWD, but did not find any single pin contact plug with orange wire. Sorry.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks,

Everything seems to be working so I am going to just leave it and wait to see if something pops up on it.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts