Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally decided on framing my poster I figured it would be properly done if I paid a shop to do it and when I went back to pick up my poster
1. It was not finished after 3 weeks waiting
2. they put finger prints all over it.
I said :mad: NO-Way, You must find a way to remove the finger prints.
I also said then what was the reason for paying? You should have used gloves, So I have to go back tomorrow.
This just after Seamus had exanged my damaged poster for his second copy ,Nice guy to have done that for me.(thanks Bro) 8)

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Thus far I've not found anything that I can't do better than the "professionals" given a little practice. Generally there are only three valid reasons for paying someone to do something for me: (1) the cost of the required equipment exceeds the combined cost of the entire job as many times as I'm likely to need it done, (2) I just don't have the time to do it myself (including practice) within some deadline, or lastly (3) if I just plain find the task horribly unpleasant. Tho if I go with #3, I have to first resolve how bad I'd feel if I get a half-assed job done. :mad: When it comes to the Supras, I can't ever go with #3. :angel:

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Professional just means someone paid to do a job..as opposed to an amateur who does it for free. I was a professional telemarketer when I was a kid. Never done it before but they explained that I was a pro cause they were paying. Didnt mean I knew what I was doing. Just that I got paid to do it. I dont do that anymore :D

-Wil

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
if anyone in ohio or anyone that would like to ship anything that needs frammed my stepmother has her own framing business and does a very good job with anything that needs framed, you tell her what you want and she sets a price, if you like it she'll do it....

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
funny my poster is upstairs right now under a pile of books (to flatten it out) and I'm allmost ready to put it in a $50 frame i bought. the shop wanted $100+ to do it!

DYI rules!

will

·
Registered
790 Posts
or #4 it would cost to much to buy to tools to properly do the job, so its easier just to pay them (I run into that on my car every so often)

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
unless its something really big like a hydrolic press I usually use #4 as an excuse to get myself a funky new tool. I figure it will pay for itself down the road eventually :wink:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
SupraFiend said:
unless its something really big like a hydrolic press I usually use #4 as an excuse to get myself a funky new tool. I figure it will pay for itself down the road eventually :wink:
I use that on my wife all the time :lol:

-Wil

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Today I got it back, they apoligized for the mistake, said it was the wearhouses fault, for not useing gloves
Got it framed at no charge, refunded my money.
still looks good cause its a CELICA-SUPRA 8)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Thats good news...At least it had a happy ending. Why did the warehouse have it? I would think that kind of work would be done in a clean shop not a dusty warehouse. I still have to frame mine. I was going to check Walmart or Ikea for an acrylic frame..also has anyone seen the mk2 poster at the suprastore. 60 dollars on sale :shock: looks good though. But not as good as ours :D

-Wil

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
finally got mine framed. I dosen't look perfect but not bad for a one armed gimp. Just can't seem to get it flat enough.

oh well its on the wall now

will

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Hey Wil (dohc82), you might have trouble finding a good frame at ikea, I think all of theres come in non standard sizes for some reason. I got mine on a 40 percent off sale at a Micheals craft store. Pretty nice frame.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Wil, id suggest michaels too, theyve got some nice frames.

ikea on the other hand, has their as-is section, and i got a very nice frame in there for 5 bucks, but it is an odd size... all you need to do, is matte the print though, or even get some strips of black or white paper and put it along the edges.

black cleans the photo up so much, and enhances the contrast.
white makes it even brighter, so depending on the room its in, you can make the print stand out much better.

for my second poster.... well, my my friend's parents own a framing shop :D
only the best for poster #2, real glass, one of those swanky metal frames... oh yes, it will be nice :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts