Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iforged rims have arrived today and look great. I will post up some pictures as soon as I get them fitted tommorow. They are 17/8 all round with a 0 offset on the rear and +10 on the front.
:rockon: :boobs: :beer: :drinking: :jerkit:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Pat,

I'm glad to see that you finally got them. Did they rework the first set or send out a whole new set? Also, why the change from 17x10 rears? Your call or theirs?

Can you tell us how much the rims weigh?

I look forward to seeing the pics!

Regards,

Jimi B

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was my call to change to the 8" all round. I was affraid they would rub on the out side of the arch, and after waiting so long I could not face having further problems. I still think 10" will fit but I was not sure what offset to try. I had +5 on mine and they looked like they would be flush with the outside of the arches. You have to remember they measured 11" across the lips so I would have needed a 285/35/17 to fill up the rim when I had only planed on 265/35/17. They built a whole new set as the two I sent back never arrived which is why it took so long. I had to wait for three months for the insurance money from parcel force. I have posted a couple of pictures on my web site for anyone to have a look at. Go to page six. It says on the invoice that they weigh 36 kilos. Not to sure if that includes the boxes or what.
:rockon: :boobs: :beer: :jerkit:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
awesome, im really glad to hear you finally got them :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
About dayam time Pat. :lol: Now go put them on and post some pics!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what ya mean. They are on and fitted very well. Looks like your car James but with a body kit fitted. They look fantastic and the car feels so different. The ride is much harder but I like that. I have fitted 235/40/17 on the front and 265/35/17 0n the rear and both the arches look much more filled out than before.
I did not have time for pictures tonite as it was dark when I got home so I will do some tomorrow. Sorry guys.
:rockon: :beer: :jerkit: :boobs:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the tail ligths of your mk2, where can i buy them ? , in fact i need at least the original pair cause mine are damaged . . .

nice car, wheels, everything . . . btw, the pictures are "twisted" ? or is it a real jap ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to post my pictures with the new iforged wheels on. I am unable to link them to forum from my web site or from my yahoo photos. Let me know and I will send some on and then everyone will be able to see bigger pictures directly on the furum.
:confused:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right guys I have posted some pictures on my yahoo photos page for all to see. The weather was not great so I will take some more at the weekend in good daylight and hopfully with some sunshine.. I am still waiting for Mike Malloy to say if the calenda deadline is over. Hey Mike whats up!
Graham can you post up you email address so that I can send you a couple of pictures. It would be nice to get some on the furum. I will leave it up to you where you post them be it here or on the pictures furum.
:rockon: :beer: :boobs: :jerkit:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Very nice :yumyum: how much and where can us U.S guys get some? :drool:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Pat, I know you went through a lot of hassle to get those, but I must echo George's sentiments. Those are bad-ass!!! You must turn some heads driving that baby around. Congratulations. I honestly have to say that I like your car 10 times more with the new wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys,
I allways new the body kit would not look right with old wheels on. I did not expect to have to wait so long as I did. Anyone who wants a set are out of luck as far as I no. They have dicontinued there 2 peice 17" range. They still make the swift style but they have upgraded to three piece which increases the cost. This deal should have cost me $1648 with shipping to the UK but I have speant nearer $2500 with all the problems of incorrect wheels and sending them back and lost import and vat charges. But at the end the day it was all worth it when they bolted them on yesterday. The three piece wheels come in at around $750 dollars each which is more than I would have been willing to pay. :rockon:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
82Spearco said:
Pat, I know you went through a lot of hassle to get those, but I must echo George's sentiments. Those are bad-ass!!! You must turn some heads driving that baby around. Congratulations. I honestly have to say that I like your car 10 times more with the new wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to say it about a Supra but I totally agree your car is awsome with those wheels!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts