8,853 Posts
Crossover part #s for the ignitor posted above by Dale

STANDARD LX846, LX-846;
WELLS JA1062;
AIRTEX / WELLS 6H1314;
TOYOTA 89620-22360, 8962022360; 88921553

· Registered
1 Posts
Hie guys, just bought a second hand 7mge motor with its harness and ECU. Problem is that the igniter doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Few wires have loose ends with connecters. I was just given the coil loose as well. Does anyone have a wiring diagrams till to the distributor

· Super Moderator
7,964 Posts
Doesn't the 7M have the igniter on the exhaust side? Very different from the 5M, which is on the intake side. I suggest to look at both MK2 and MK3 on line TSRM.

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Could you post some pictures of the old dead ignition module on the right side of the above picture, if you still have it?
What is the part number on the housing of this old one as well?

I'm not sure that have seen the 1983 style Igniter module inside, and I've always assumed that the PCB was potted in the black sealant like the Cressida one you show.
Is the rear side of the module visible? I would love to see what components are on it.

In any event, great job making the switch. That's encouraging to others who face the same challenge.

Dale

· Registered
13 Posts
Could you post some pictures of the old dead ignition module on the right side of the above picture, if you still have it?
What is the part number on the housing of this old one as well?

I'm not sure that have seen the 1983 style Igniter module inside, and I've always assumed that the PCB was potted in the black sealant like the Cressida one you show.
Is the rear side of the module visible? I would love to see what components are on it.

In any event, great job making the switch. That's encouraging to others who face the same challenge.

Dale
Unfortunately I don't have the guts to my original igniter anymore. It didn't seem obvious to me why it failed, either.
The PN's on my original igniter are 89620-14360 and 131100-3360
Motor vehicle Font Auto part Engineering Metal

I was very surprised to see the inside of my original igniter because I didn't see any other pictures like it. I expected it to be a simple PCB to PCB swap.
This thread is what gave me the encouragement and knowledge to fix my car. Many thanks to everyone.

· Registered
1986 Cressida 5MT LSD
22 Posts
Sorry to bump a thread but I thought this might help

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Schematic

The little box where IGT and +12V intersect is an IC that can effectively be thought of as a transistor with IGT at the base and 12V at the collector.

this is for MX73 Cressida, but it’s the same as the Supra

this is for ECM models. If anyone knows the voltage for IGT on the carbureted 22r igniter that would be great (trying to swap one into my mx73)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts