Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

I'm back into mk2s!

2K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Suprapep 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll try to make this short lol. I fell in love with the mk2when I got my 82 5spd around 2000. I was part of the mk2 yahoogroup. They were a great bunch of guys. I remember a gentleman named Dave who lived in Ruskin Florida that helped me get it back on the road. He traveled to North Port never asking for anything. That car had too much rust so I sold it and bought an 83 auto from Williamb. Glad to see he's still around!

With my son on the way that o head to go too. Well, fast forward twenty years and I finally got another mk2. I stopped at a Best Buy in Knoxville and here there was a black 85 in the lot. I we t in and started talking to the owner Mike and he mentioned he had three of them. In October I got my black 82 5spd and couldn't be happier.

Is there anyone here in the Knoxville area?

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad to have you back on board!!

Reactions: Suprapep
#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I couldn’t have been more blessed to have met Mike and been given the opportunity to buy this one. Although timing was a bit off my fiancé understands my love for them and the dream to own another one after almost twenty years! And, yes, everyone notices the smile lol

#13 ·
You were very lucky to get one that easy!
Not that many is great condition like this, enjoy (already according to the smile😁!)
Were you here before under another name?

#17 ·
Way cool - welcome back. (Had to check and see if that was one of my old cars as I owned 3 different black on black cars in the Knoxville area over a decade ago. In fact, I think I sold Mike one of the 3 cars he currently has too, haha!)

Check the meets section for the annual Tail of the Dragon meet dates. We get together for a long weekend but from Knoxville it's an easy day-trip to catch up with everyone as well. It'd be great to see you there.

Cheers,
billyM

#18 ·
I believe Mike got his 83 first, then the 85 he is currently driving. He bought my 82 originally as a parts car but it was too nice. Lucky for me his son didn’t want this one lol. I saw the meet in April, I work a lot of hours so not sure if I could make it. There is also a guy I work with that has a MK2 but with a 5.0 swap in it.

#23 ·
Welcome back,
Funny you should mention the old Yahoo Group. I just a message from Yahoo a month ago saying they were shutting down all their groups. It made me laugh because I already thought they had been down for years. Anyway, nice car!

Reactions: Suprapep
#25 ·
As you may already know, im in the knoxville area and have/had a few my self. whos this mike you speak of lol i thought i knew of all of the celica supras local to me lol... Anyhow i still need to get to the dragon again its a great time up there.
Whens the next planned date for us129 day?

#26 ·
I plan on going to the Dragon at least to meet some people. As long as my car is on the road lol. There’s also a guy I work with here at Carlisle that has a MK2 with a 5.0 in it.
You probably have never met Mike because he works at the Best Buy on Parkside down by Turkey Creek. You are closer to the one on Parkside down by Lowe’s and Bargain Hunt. I’m pretty sure lol. His 85 is his daily driver. That’s how I met him, saw his car at work lol. He is a great guy and I feel blessed to have met him.

#27 · (Edited)
Welcome back, that is quite the spell. I think I started on this forum about 04 as I recall, whatever my join date is here is when it started, I was one of the kids trying to get all the old timers to move to the forum lol. But I was on the yahoo group for a year or so before that too.

Now forums are the old stuff and we need to bring the kids back from the bottomless pit of despair that is Facebook lol. What a horrible platform for sharing useful information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.