Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

im done!

5K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Donn29 
#1 ·
With the stupid 7mge NA, im going turbocharged!
Im just gonna do a stock swap, stock everything.

So 7m is gonna come out this week and im gonna rip off the oil pump and pan.
Im gonna sell the 7m and be done because is all sound and no power.

It makes me mad I had to learn the hard way, but im glad because wiring is all done and its a drop in.

clint

#5 ·
The 7mge is really laggy
I mean really laggy
here is my timing

12 BTDC
18 teeth between the cam gears
both pointed up.
And running 89 octane
on decel or downshift, I am getting pops which i know is timing. The thing is slower then my built 5m wtheck?

Then i reset it awhile ago well i set TDC and jumped te1 and e1 and thats when i got mad. now its laggier then ever and my gas milleage is terriable im avering 160 miles to the tank 200 to the tank if i am lucky.
so gonna calm down for the night readjust timing and take her home this week.

#6 ·
take a breather and come back to it.

My 7m rips in comparison to the old 5m. 200ftlbs is def fun in a mk2!

mine was slow before I changed the adjustable cam gears on the dyno (although, my head is shaved so this was expected). Have faith, they aren't bad motors.

#9 ·
just ordered some adjustable cam gears as i wanted some anyway
pshhhh im feeling alot better now just needed a break from it.
gonna change timing tomorrow again gonna adjust the tps to get timing back down then
readjust timing.
i just want more power plus i hate the stupid ACIS on the 7m NA

#12 ·
all fixed
idle is at 900-1000
i used a freaking timing light this time
its better then before BUT i want boost!
i am running 12-14 btdc
my idle screw is completly backed in like i cant go any lower with my idle
i guess i could with timing.
Now time for a turbo hmmmmmm Turbo guys give me a reason to swap out my 7m NA for a GTE.

#18 ·
im going turbocharged!
Im just gonna do a stock swap, stock everything.

clint

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ive heard that before from a good friend of mine that i introduced to the 7mgte swap...he said "all i want is a stock 7mgte, thats it!"

ask him were he sits now...oh i will give you a hint...his name rhymes with

supraguy31....hehe:sarcasm:

I knew right if the bat I wanted more than 500RWHP and broken parts:eekfacepalm: so at least now I know 2 people in denial..haha!

have fun Clinton...see you soon!...BTW dont waste your time with a NA 2JZ..go turbo from the start..7MGTE or 2JZGTE

#30 ·
BTW dont waste your time with a NA 2JZ..go turbo from the start..7MGTE or 2JZGTE
I agree (or 1jzgte)

I don't mean to piss in your cheerios, but weither you're into drag racing or not. Once you have a turbo engine, you'll know why people drool over boost.

Take the extra time and go gte, you'll be happy you did.

Tony

P.S. I did blow my engine up, but I'm still glad I went 7mgte. Though when I look back on it all I wonder weither I should have gone JZ rather than 7m.

#27 ·
1j= Blow Away Dandelion. 7M=I cant drive 55. :duh: Dont listen to the Jspec crowd, you will LOVE your 7mgte.

#33 ·
yeah right..heard that before...next week you'll be dropping in a dodge V10, then after that it will be a duramax diesel (no u cant have mine), then a 22re-T, then LS1 blah blah...Clinton is like a woman...can never make up his mind!:sarcasm:

my vote 1st -7mgte since youre already wired and have most of the parts and knowledge, 2nd -1JZ since people are giving those things away :p, then a 2JZ then the 1UZ.

#34 ·
ok fine well to have everyones attention i was given a xjs v12 jag s i was thinking of droping in the V12 with a T56
BUT now i found a 1uz for 200 with all parts
sooo im going to jump on it
UNLESS i can find a JZ motor!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.