Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally have gotten ahold of a 84 P-type celipra after 7 months!!! so im glad to be a part of this fun addicting car. so first off i got the car for 1400 no rust on body, nice interior, runs. however. when its cold it runs really rough until it warms up. when it gets warm it runs really rich. im guessing that the rough start is due to head gasket but not sure. and as the rich part comes im guessing injectors. not sure. so any advice is highly welcomed. will have pictures up tomorrow since i know most of you are going to ask when you get to see it :p thanks all

-David

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
wow
It has nothing to do with your headgasket!

btw its your cold start injector!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow
It has nothing to do with your headgasket!

btw its your cold start injector!
thanks for the recovery on my problem. appreciate it greatly, ill check that first before i start tearing down.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
check the o2 sensor this can cause it to run pig rich
and most lickly your cold start is not working or clogged

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
David...my garage is always open. Bring it by my house we will get her up to par in a day or so....
maybe even a custom 3" mandrel intake (like on my old setup) would be in order??
and my old 2.25 exhaust and flow master?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
DO IT you know you want to
really though scott can get her running and you save us posts lol haaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
you can raid my parts stash as well. I have some nice interior parts, engine parts, and can make you up some custom parts.
ill be in the garage most everyday for the next couple days doing fuel system work and more tuning, and custom IC piping, then after that its the coil overs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can raid my parts stash as well. I have some nice interior parts, engine parts, and can make you up some custom parts.
ill be in the garage most everyday for the next couple days doing fuel system work and more tuning, and custom IC piping, then after that its the coil overs.
sweet... maybe i will have to do that tomorrow heh. hmm... ill have to set a date when i can head up to your house and we can see what we can do with her. tell me when you have time to break into it. :D

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Please, a day just to see why it is rich.

Run a comp test than check out the injector. Hour at the most.

We need pics.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you have a point. ill have to stop by his house tomorrow after picking up the car...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Scott (84ptype) and Jason (Jsn_ayers) are local to you and with a quick eyeball will probably find a half-dozen other issues. I could remote diagnose from 2.5 hours away (in Tri-Cities this week) but it is just an educated guess on my part. When 84ptype arrived on these forums 3 years ago he was a noob, today he has learned his stuff (jsn arrived knowing his stuff).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scott has always helped me with issues. we went to auto school together fora year and he helped me with my truck. i have no doubts about scotts knowledge and ability in being able to find the problem and fix it without really breaking a sweat. he has my complete trust with this car. after all he does have one and i have seen his project in person.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this is the update. i didnt get to buy the car because it turns out the car does not belong to him!!!!........ so now i am back to looking for a celipra ...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
There is a almost complete 83 two tone at pull and save. It has black leather ltype seats and dash. You can get it for around 450 I bet.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Darn the seats were in great shape. It was around the 10th I went. The only thing gone was the bottom of the dash and glove box

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1463246052.html
1985 toyota supra with a full roll cage. the car has 4 wheel disc brakes all around with rear independant suspension The motor is a 22r with a 20r head that needs to be gone through. perfect car to fix up during the winter and hit the track in the spring..509-710-4210
Not sure if its a supra but sounds to be a great project if it is.

Again this is also a mixed ad stating its a celicasupra gts
82 celica supra GTS - $500 (Deer Park)
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1451442355.html

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1446712244.html
1979 Celica Supra - $800

1 - 20 of 23 Posts