Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im driving an 85 supra here. rod knock started yesturday so my lady has a tired heart and i wanna change that. due to a tight budget. my dream j swap is not here yet. i want to keep her na for now so i found a new fresh 7mge with out harness nor ecu stricly motor. iwanna do the swap but whats the recomended setup. 3.0 hybrid or all the wiring drama? Is there still someone building harnesses or what?

·
Registered
402 Posts
cheapest easiest fix is to do a frankenstein 6mge... search it up... it runs using your stock harness and ecu... unless the 7mge's crank, etc. wont work... cant remember...
anywho... search it up... all that kind of stuff has been done several times with lots of info on the difficulties and results...

·
Registered
551 Posts
You will find it easier to get the 7m harness and Ecu than the 6m pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,004 Posts
You "could" run the 5m ecu and harness on the 7mge, it has been done before, however it would be best to get a complete 7mge harness and ecu, along with Injectors and ignitor/coil, the afm, etc.. if they are missing. The wiring into the car is exactly the same as doing a 7mgte swap, as is the physical motor mounts etc... You use the 5m motor mount brackets etc.. If the engine is mid sump, use the 5m oil pump and oil pan, though I recommend getting a NEW oil pump if you need to swap, especially since your 5m is knocking. metal is in the oil and pump on your 5m.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts