Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these off of a guy on starquestclub.com

He tells me "they are above average used condition" no curb rash. shows me some pictures of which they looked very good.

EVERY single one is damaged, and damaged badly I might add. Not from transport I might add!

Whats my recourse? I emailed him polity saying we have a rather large problem and that I hope we can resolve it between ourselves. I'm waiting his response.

If he starts being a dick, what are the best steps to take to get my money back? there is nothing to do with these, look at them! :32: 1 picture for EACH damaged wheel. I paid with paypal so I have all his info. I hope he decides to do the right thing and not make me go after him.

These wheels are hard enough to find, now I have to basically contend with the idea that I just lost a lot of money for these garbage wheels that I'm going to have to spend again to get a nice pair. This just totally put the brakes on the project I'm so discouraged right now.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
2 and 4 aren't that bad. With refinishing, those would be fine. However 1 and 3 really suck. If you paid with paypal, file a claim. I'd also post this on starquestclub. Any links to the original thread?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted my thread, and he pm'ed me. I had complications with shipping because he made a mistake (of which I didn't freak out about I fixed it) so we have like 50 emails back and forth talking about it. I cant understand why he was so chill with me the whole way through when he knew he was selling me trash.

I'm going to first see what hes going to offer me. If he reimburses me the total my mouth stays shut, it never happened.

If he doesnt, paypal and mastercard are going to know about it. You think if I filed, I could get my money back?

Dave, You think 1 and 3 could even BE repaired?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
That blows. I'm having the same issue right now. I bought an amp off Ebay, and the seller said it works good, no problem. Well the amp got here today and I tested it. What do you know, one channel is bad. I emailed him and he said to return it. I then emailed him back stating if he was gonna pay for the shipping fees cause I ain't losing money on someone else's mistake of not testing the amp first (he uses the same info/template on all his items). Waiting on a response. So I know what you feel like right now. I'm pissed off too. He better refund and pay for the shipping fees to return, both our situations.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let us hope. Man I would never set out to screw somebody over like that.

I would NEVER under and circumstances sell something like this to someone!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Of course the wheels can be repaired, but at whose expense. I don't buy things that said are "in good working condition" or "mint", and expect it not to be. Items that can be fix is not the point. The point is someone straight up lied and screwed someone else.

How would you like it if you bought the wheels that you posted there, and the seller said, "good condition." And you received it like that. Yes, they can be repaired which they were.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree with you. I'm going to see if hes going to be reasonable. If not, I find that 1 and 3 and really damaged quite badly, how would they repair that? and my god how much would it cost...

edit I missed that picture! HOLY crap.

well, then how much to repair them lol

·
Super Moderator
8,369 Posts
A wheel shop could redo those quite easily. Only the first photo would require a weld buildup. I guess what do you expect they are 25 years old now. Most Mk2 wheels have probably been curbed also.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If they can be fixed phew. I'll just try and get my money back, take it and use it to get them repaired. what a pain in the ass honestly.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I guess I will start saying on all my wheels I sell, that they have no curb rash. I'll go and edit the wheels I have posted in the F/S. J/K......

I've got 2 sets redone before with worst issues at Wheels America. They have a flat rate. Paid $530 for 4 wheels, $125 each + tax. They fixed the curb rashes, bends, repolished the lips, repaint the centers, everything that it needed.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think the fact that they can be repaired isn't the issue. They were presented as:

He tells me "they are above average used condition" no curb rash.
and they definitely don't look "above average used".

And one's bent! I guess he forgot to mention that little tidbit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
shit sucks when you get screwed like this. 2 and 4 really arent that bad as stated already. 3 can be fixed easily and fairly cheaply. 1 kinda sux, but still fixable.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sucks... it comes down to price IMO.

If you paid for quality, then he clearly didnt deliver.

Give him a chance to compensate you, and if he fails, bury him on his own forum.
from the email he sent me, he really believes I got decent condition wheels.

so attempt #2 at being nice. I told him straight up, "I feel mislead and cheated and honestly I'm just looking to get my money back and I'll take my shipping costs and the pick up costs as a loss.

Then I told him, if we cant figure this out between ourselves I'm going to have no choice but to go to mastercard and paypal with this, and I will PM your admin and post up a thread with this whole story.

If you reimburse me I will keep my mouth shut."

going to get a response this afternoon I guess.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
My first set of Starion wheels were purchased cheap and they were not near the condition the seller said they were. I didn't see pics before hand. After that I always insist on lots pics from different angles if I can't see what I'm purchasing person.

They can all be repaired, but still that isn't the point. You should have received what you paid for.

That sucks... it comes down to price IMO.

If you paid for quality, then he clearly didnt deliver.

Give him a chance to compensate you, and if he fails, bury him on his own forum.
I have to agree with Greg, but unfortunately most people don't care. Whether it's a forum or club. People seem to be in it for themselves. Their judgment and loyalties are blinded by dollar signs and ass kissing. That seems to be a thing emerging locally more and more. Even when the money is in their pockets.... A few ruin it for everyone else.

I'm not surprised others will take advantage if you don't personally meet to make the deal when in person they would do the same anyway.

That said I hope he makes amends and squares up with you. As for me, fuck'em! Now I'll get things squared one way or another if things happen in the future.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I just found something out about Ebay and paypal about resolving issues. Ebay will pay for return shipping fees and paypal won't. I tried to get the seller of the amp I bought on Ebay to refund plus cover return shipping fees. He basically said screw you. Plus he said that he stated "no returns, no refund" in his ad. Well I found out that doesn't fly on Ebay if there's a problem with the transaction such as item was not as described. It violates Ebay's buyer protection plan. So this is good to know. Sorry yours was purchased just through paypal, or else you could do the same.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My care cup is growing empty as I go along.

A couple emails back and forth so far but here is what I'm going with now. Hes being ok and telling me he wants to help me as much as he can but doesnt want to end up with a loss.

so I wrote this novel. (I know some of you enjoy the novels) might as well.

His reply.

1 pictures 1 and 3 WERE NOT like that.One front one had a little rash,but no bends or breaks what so ever!That had to be from the box falling or something.
Im sorry to hear to are not happy.I can see where that is the case but like i said the wheels were better than that.So what your saying is after all this i have to take a loss on this?I want to help you out however i can,i am a legit seller,trust me i have all kinds of parts,i would screw somebody over a couple hundered bucks!

My reply

Hello Josh.

If you believe they got damaged in shipping it would have been beacuse you didnt not package them properly, they were loose, nothing to secure them from getting damage to start off with. But the damage in reality, is not shipping damage (see picture 1) the boxes were not damaged in any way, so I cannot see how such rough damage could have incurred during shipping. Those wheels are curb damaged, 3 out of 4 of them are damaged badly. "i would screw somebody over a couple hundered bucks!" I assume you mean wouldnt. If you wouldnt screw me over, how do you suggest we fix this? I need wheels for my car, I put this on a limited budjet and found with your description that your wheels were the best ones for me. other sellers told me flat out, "they have light rash" and so on, you did not mention this in any way, you said better than average condtion wheels. And you were super patient with me and hung in, I was very impressed. But average to me means gentle rash (see picture 2) pitting finish, things that are easily remided with some elbow grease, not bent, gounged and severly damaged wheels. 1 and 3 I might not even be able to have repaired due to the extent of the damage on them. I found I could trust you more and more so I really thought your description was accurate.

I had the day to think about this and I put a lot of thought on it. I've come up with a solution of my own. You mentioned you have a couple other sets wheels that are the non standard ones "all in very nice condition" (they would fit on my car, but wont have the look I am going for) not a huge deal. But if you want to have the least amount of loss I would accept taking those in exhange for these damaged ones, we each pay our own shipping, providing that those have no damage, no rash no bends and you package them safly. So basically 100$ loss on each end but you keep the money I already paid to you, and you also get back these wheels that you could re-sell to someone else and I'll be happy because I have good wheels to put on my car. If we go this route I'm losing easily another 200$ shipping, of gas, customs charges and fowarder charges, but I'd be willing for good wheels.

If you want the wheels I have now back in exhange for the good ones I would accept, we pay each our own shipping and send them back and forth, I'll re-package them tighly and securly to ensure they get to you safe, but I ask you do the same. I would be willing to drive back across the boader to ship them to you from in the states so it costs both of us less.

If you do not accept, and we cannot reach a reasonable decision by tommorow at this time, I have to contact paypal and mastercard and report this and also post this conflict on starquest...I dont want to, I really dont because I am not someone to wreck a sellers credability for a set of bad wheels. But I paid for "better than average condition" wheels of which these are NOT. At the end of the day I need these wheels for my car, thats all I care about. I'm not loaded with cash, much the opposite so I cant afford to refinish harshly damaged wheels. If you are true to your word and really convince me you wernt out to screw me by accepting my offer I would apreciate it very much, and my mouth is sealed. I took a chance by going out and trying to find stuff on starquest, I dont enjoy the feeling of being cheated this badly.

If you accept and send me some good wheels, and we figure this out, I'll go out of my way to spread the good word on starquest, that you really are that, tried tested and true. I just want good wheels for my car on a tight budjet man, you must understand this is the only reason I'm doing this, you were such a help to me and I do not want to ruin your credability.

please consider this carefully. I will keep an eye on my email tonight to get back to you as soon as possible.

please help me work this out I dont want to go any further than this.

thanks for your patience. Jamie

I think I am being reasonable?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts