Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the weather last night, said to myself I'll just drive the celica tomorrow (had been wanting to drive the supra for the last couple of days).

...woke up this morning, got ready, rolled out the door, pulled the car cover off the brown car and hopped in. As I pulled out of my driveway, boom, blizzard.

I can't drive the car slowly. It's impossible. Summer tires plus snow, worthless.

I made a left at an intersection at full lock, cop just flashed his lights once and went about his day (lucky).

--billyM

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
*puts on BillyM hat*

Checking the weather forecast in December before driving a car with summer tires wouldn't be a bad idea.

--SteveT

:laugh:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Isn't snowing here, but it's sleeting like crazy right now. I just hope I don't get trapped at work tonight, as I get off at 11:00pm.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i got trapped at the local track with my MT one day, that 20 mph drive home was the most scarey drive I have ever had.
im glad to hear it didden't end up in a fender bender or worse for you.

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, us southern folks are ignorant about this whole "weather planning" thing. All we know is July and August suck for cars without AC, everything else should be fine.

Toyfan, good lord no. No fender-benders allowed, especially on California rust-free straight shells.

--billyM

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Don't feel too bad ... Cops drive RWD too!

Going home a week ago ... I was hauling ass 65 mph or so ... in the middle of nowhere on flat, striaght, but slightly slippy road.

Out of nowhere 100yards ahead of me I see headlights, then tailights, then headlights again, then tails again ... then cherries.

Best I can figure he was doing a speed trap, tried to pull out to stop me, and completely spun out. The cop was so embarrest he imediatly turned off on the very next road (that happens to be a dead end:naughty:) before I could get close enough to get the number off the car.

I laughed my ass off over it. :zzzzz:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
At least you didn't spin it across three lanes of freeway traffic and stop barely a foot from the center barrier facing the wrong way.

I, of course, had no excuse - I KNOW what the weather is like around here. Hooray black ice!

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Snow in SC, sleet in Georgia > Global warming, Copenhagen....

Still wandering how accurate their research is.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i'm supposed to see the white stuff around 4:00 am

had to postpone picking up the new supra till the 28th because of it.

hmm, i learned to drive in snow in my old '79. that was fun stuff.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Here too Zank, it was a nasty 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I was out washing the car in the cold (52 degree) part of the day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts