Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi admins,

With the Photobucket situation (http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?112594-A-notice-for-those-who-still-use-Photobucket), is it possible, perhaps if we chip in a small donation, to get enough storage space on the forum to host photos here?

I'm thinking any third-party service we use could easily do the same thing, say that if we're only using their service for forums they want us to pay extortionate amounts, and I'd much rather support cs.com. Particularly things like the FAQs, things you want to be reliably served for years.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Any status on this or is the Suggestion Box a dead forum?

This is something that makes posting to FaceBook a lot easier. I would like to upload project photos but now have to open an account on some photo hosting site and then link them here. I don't upload my photos normally. This also goes with the projects I and many others have done utilizing PhotoBucket. Hosting with in CS.com would be so much easier.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I honestly wouldn't trust this place for hosting stuff anyway at this point. You should really be backing your photos up to somewhere on the cloud anyway just in case, might as well choose a provider that lets you hotlink on forums. imgur.com for sure allows it, flickr i've seen people mention, and even google photos works if you share the photo a certain way but it's tricky i've seen it mess up a few times...

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
I prefer to have my photos on a separate host actually so I can post them in any forum or even reference them in FB. meh, the chrome photobucket plugin fix is working really well, I'll be sticking with PB for the interm till I figure something better out.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
I've posted from FB to forums several times. Works fine, too.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Here a good link for using google photos
https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
You will need to 'share' your photo. Get the link that google provides. Paste in the website above and then copy and past the generated link in the CS.com post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts