Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

This morning I did some editing on the forum and applied the "fix" from the phpBB website which will hopefully correct our Invalid Session Error problem.

It's a known issue with phpBB for anyone who connects to the internet with AOL, Compuserve or connects to the internet via proxy.

Quick: I received your email and hopefully (knock on wood) this cures your posting problem as well. Please let me know if I was successful or not. I kept a backup copy of the file I edited just in case.

If you have been encountering this error when trying to post messages to the forum, please give me some feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Thanks a lot. I was having problems when I wasn't even going through a proxy, etc. :(

Now it appears that I can post from work! BADASS! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quick said:
Thanks a lot. I was having problems when I wasn't even going through a proxy, etc. :(

Now it appears that I can post from work! BADASS! :twisted:
Chris,

Do me a favor, log off the forum - delete your cookies and your saved cache. Then, close your browser...reopen it and see if you can get back into the forum and post a reply to this message.

If it works, then the session ID component has been disabled and everything should be good from now on.

(crosses fingers)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If this posts then everything is fine (except for those ugly blue bars). ;)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quick said:
Ahem...

And exactly what is wrong with the blue bars? Geez, that makes You and Leslie Grover that don't appear to like them...

I swear, I'm gonna make this f-ing forum PINK and PURPLE :)

heh heh.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh yeah, now that is the TICKET.

Stephen, get your eyes checked.........they aren't blue..........

Leslie<<<<<<<<<<,DUCKING

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quick said:
Both CHRIS and I must be blind then. :)

Perhaps you've been around Aerospace chemicals too long Les....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ouch! Tough shit, eh?

Doesn't this forum allow for different style sheets?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quick said:
Ouch! Tough shit, eh?

Doesn't this forum allow for different style sheets?
Yes, it does...however the only one currently installed is the modified version of SubSilver...which is what I'm tweaking right now.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
Yes, it does...however the only one currently installed is the modified version of SubSilver...which is what I'm tweaking right now.
How big is a style sheet? Chuck another couple on here so everyone can be happy. :) ...uhh... please. ;)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quick said:
SupraRacer007 said:
How big is a style sheet? Chuck another couple on here so everyone can be happy. :) ...uhh... please. ;)
Meaning...

You want users to be able to pick how the forum looks on their end? You want multiple choices for styles?

Ugh...I don't get paid enough for this. Wait. I don't get paid.

Hmmm...something is wrong here...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
No sweat, man. I just figured that phpbb would have multiple style sheets that you can choose from.

...then you don't have to sweat the color business.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quick said:
No sweat, man. I just figured that phpbb would have multiple style sheets that you can choose from.

...then you don't have to sweat the color business.
They have canned "templates" - the one on the SOGI forum is called "subSilver" - which is what this one was, before I started modifying it so our forum wouldn't look exactly like theirs: http://www.supras.com/forums

The problem is most of the canned templates that phpBB has are really ghey or too dark or too ridiculous.

I'll figure something out and stop messing with it eventually. :)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
how about the colors on the CS.com (home) Dark Blue, Light blue (or Ford Blue :lol: ) and black :wink: :lol:

<---- hides back in the corner :wink:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zankone said:
how about the colors on the CS.com (home) Dark Blue, Light blue (or Ford Blue :lol: ) and black :wink: :lol:

*beats his head against his desk*

BEER. Yes....I need BEER now.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
zankone said:

*beats his head against his desk*

BEER. Yes....I need BEER now.

ROTF LMAO :lol!: :lol: Thats sounds good right now :drinking: :mrgreen: :scrambleup: no more driving for me tonight :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts