Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mk2 project car has been put on hold until I can find some new seals for the fuel injectors. Both the local dealer, and NAPA say they can't get them - wtf. Where can I get a new set? I really don't want to rish re-using these old, hard/brittle ones...

·
Super Moderator
8,416 Posts
RC engineering maybe? I'd try talking to Jeff Watson and see whats up. I'd think these would be a pretty common part across engines.

·
Registered
501 Posts
they should be common across engines, especially toyota ones. if they are the o-rings that seal up at the fuel rail pretty much any bosch or ND injector should work. if they are the thick seals on the intake manifold side, perhaps fewer cars would work. i do know that a 7m-gte and 3s-gte (top feed) manifold-side seals are the same as on our cars... so i bet almost any older toyota with top feed injectors would be the right size.

it's extremely extremely surprising that your local dealer can't get these for you... try autozone.com or carparts.com or something, i bet they'll have them.

shiva

·
Super Moderator
10,583 Posts
yeah, very. Bosche sells injector seal kits. You should be able to get those through napa. Try another parts store if they can't get them

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discount Auto/ Advance auto can get the full seal kit from Beck Arnley it was $16

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Napa originally sold me a kit, but one of the 3 seals was incorrect (either the insulator, or fuel rail o-ring -- can't remember). I'll try the kragen/autozone type places next. It was surprising as the injector looks pretty darn close to the 440's in my mk3.

As for Jeff W doh! totally forgot to give him a call -- $40/set

·
Registered
126 Posts
so you mean the part that connects to the engine? I got a set too from the dealer and I installed it. They work well. I think those parts are from the mkiii.
thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey,
I had the same problem with mine finding injector seals for my 84'. The ones frim Kragen worked the best. They should fit snug around the base of the injector where it pops into the rail. Make sure everything is VERY clean, or they will leak. These are the most inportant seals. The ones that you are talking about that dont match.....are they the ones that seal the injector into the intake? If they are, then they may be the right ones. after a while of being in the seal housing, they form that way, so the new ones look different then the old. put them in and attach your fuel rail. when you tighten it down, you will notice how the new ones bulge a little like the old ones. hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Also use some Petroleum jelly where the injector touches the seal and where the seal goes into the manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts