Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Ok so tested the ECU power, got a really small power reading, like in millivolts at the pins on the connector. What am I supposed to see, something around 12v? Thinking that might be the problem?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also, figured out where the mysterious green/yellow wire should go. I ran continuity to the ECU connector pins and it's supposed to go to the starter switch? So, this may be a dumb question, but is that the same as the ignition switch? And, could that be why I might not be getting power to the ECU?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So the starter switch wire, should that go on the starter solenoid? I have a feeling that might have something to do with it? Does it give the ECU key on power or something?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also, figured out where the mysterious green/yellow wire should go. I ran continuity to the ECU connector pins and it's supposed to go to the starter switch? So, this may be a dumb question, but is that the same as the ignition switch? And, could that be why I might not be getting power to the ECU?
ECU power from 15 amp stop fuse and 15 amp ecu-ig fuse.
Need to test for 12v at injector resistor pack

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It had a female spade connector on it. It fell off while I was examining it, was a poor connection. Cant seem to find where it plugged into

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok so looking at the wiring diagram I guess there are 3 relays in the EFI system? I've found 2, one by the battery and another on the passenger side fender by the AFM. I know the one by the battery is EFI Main 1, so what would the other relay be? It had six wires going to it, 3 in and 3 out, so I guess it's the Circuit Opening Relay? Then where would EFI Main Relay 2 be? Sorry about all the questions lol, I kinda suck at wiring.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok so looking at the wiring diagram I guess there are 3 relays in the EFI system? I've found 2, one by the battery and another on the passenger side fender by the AFM. I know the one by the battery is EFI Main 1, so what would the other relay be? It had six wires going to it, 3 in and 3 out, so I guess it's the Circuit Opening Relay? Then where would EFI Main Relay 2 be? Sorry about all the questions lol, I kinda suck at wiring.
Power for injectors starts at fusible link in engine fuse box pink fusible link 0.3p to efi MAIN RELAY 2 (powers ign coil and injectors) on fender by battery to efi resistor pack then to injectors to ecu #10 and #20.

EFI RELAY #1 in engine fuse box powers the fuel pump thru circuit opening relay (fuse box on drivers side). These two relays control engine power circuits
IGN RELAY in engine fuse box powers other circuits.

The relays on passenger side are headlight retractor, headlight cleaner and ac relay

Main relay #2 must be ok because you have spark. Efi relay #1 must be good because the fuel pump runs.
Check for continuity from ecu #10 and #20 to injector clips.Are the group of wires under intake manifold grounded to intake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok got it. Yes the manifold ground is hooked up. I will run continuity to injector wires next

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok so, feel kinda dumb, turns out I am getting 12v to ECU, i was looking at the connector wrong and didnt take into account the manual was showing ECU pinout and not connector pinout, basically was looking at it backwards. Anyways, what should I look at next? Is the ECU itself bad?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Started checking voltages on the ECU connector pins with key on and found the B+ pin has nothing, tried running continuity from it to the main relay with power on and got nothing as well. Could that be a potential reason why the car wont start?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Started checking voltages on the ECU connector pins with key on and found the B+ pin has nothing, tried running continuity from it to the main relay with power on and got nothing as well. Could that be a potential reason why the car wont start?
Both B+ at ECU are powered by EFI main relay in engine fuse box. You said the fuel pump runs so the relay is working. There could be a break in the wire loom.
Turn key to on check for power at ISC valve connector, unplug and test black wire with red stripe. If power is there than there is a break in the wire loom to ecu.

If you were looking at ECU backwards where is the yellow with green stripe going now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yellow with green stripe still goes to the start terminal. Was more like left was right and right was left kinda deal, like looking a mirror. Also, got the B+ figured out, when I checked with the ECU plugged in from behind the connectors I got good voltage. I also changed the EFI main relay and the car now runs on the injectors, but needs the help of ether to start initially. I think the yellow green wire is supposed to go to the cold start switch but the reason I couldn't find it as I learned today is the terminal it plugs into is broke off. So I need a new switch, which is probably why the car is hard to start I'd guess?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad you got it running. Yes that wire sends 12v signal to ecu only while cranking engine. Where the wire is broke I don't think it's interrupting the power to the circuit opening relay for fuel pump while starting.
Try this jump fuel pump check connector and see if car starts easier.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts