Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my turbocharged ford probe, I have a 80gph inline fuel pump.

See here:
http://www.squirrelsw.com/probe/nitrous2.jpg

This setup works great on a probe even with a stock fuel pump in the tank. I was wondering if there are any block safety valves on our stock fuel pumps that won't allow this much fuel to be sucked through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
humm.. good question. IIRC the TRSM pixs of the fuel line show it could work. At some point the size of the fuel lines them self could be the limiting factor.

will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
get rid of the stock pump, it will become the restriction, the walbro 255lph pump works great in the stock location, and is ~$115 shipped new. also, the only real restriction is the j tube that is bolted to the intake side of the block for fuel return. it is a failsafe should the fpr fail. you can install a longer 3/8" fuel line from the regulator to the return line and bypass the j tube altogether.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
best to just swap it out. its old and prolly wont last that long under those conditions anyway.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
williamb82 said:
best to just swap it out. its old and prolly wont last that long under those conditions anyway.
william
Dude, it doesn't matter. That wasn't the question I asked. Don't clutter the thread with useless nonsense, I asked a question about restrictions of the stock fuel pump, you gave me a speech on replacing it. I don't care to hear it. I have my reasons behind me using an external pump.

So the question is still out in the open, can anybody out there submit some useful information? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
ok, you want to know restrictions, lets see, first i said the j tube, and the stock pump. both will be restrictions if you need a high supply of fuel. i answered your question so how is the information useless? besides, i have done more to supras in 4 years then you prolly will in your entire life.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
williamb82 said:
ok, you want to know restrictions, lets see, first i said the j tube, and the stock pump. both will be restrictions if you need a high supply of fuel. i answered your question so how is the information useless?
Might as well just say "Fuel rail" or "stock fuel lines". That doesn't help me at all by just saying the j tube is a restriction. That says nothing to me. Is it a restriction for 100gph or for 20gph?


williamb82 said:
i have done more to supras in 4 years then you prolly will in your entire life.
william
Damn, yer' cool...if being self centered is cool. If you want to have a pissing contest, then click the links in my signature and prepare to get wet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
ok, i explained exactly what the tube does and where it is. but youd rather find out the hard way. have fun. i tried to help, but you dont seem to care. oh, and im not impressed with any of the cars you have. just because i dont post links to the 3 supras i own, or the other 6 ive owned, or all the mods ive done to them, or all the impossible to find parts i have doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
williamb82 said:
ok, i explained exactly what the tube does and where it is. but youd rather find out the hard way. have fun. i tried to help, but you dont seem to care. oh, and im not impressed with any of the cars you have. just because i dont post links to the 3 supras i own, or the other 6 ive owned, or all the mods ive done to them, or all the impossible to find parts i have doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.
william
I don't post pics to my old cars either: supercharged Sierra GMC Z71, my turbocharged 2002 corvette Z06. Doesn't mean I didn't built them both by hand. Once again, if you want a pissing contest, be prepared to get pissed on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
apparently you have no idea what your in for.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
oh, and i seriously doubt you had an 02 corvete that was turbo charged, espeacially sportin 2 pos probes.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
williamb82 said:
oh, and i seriously doubt you had an 02 corvete that was turbo charged, espeacially sportin 2 pos probes.
william
You can doubt in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first. I have nothing to prove, I am done with you.

Go contact ATP Turbo and ask Rick about the manifolds he designed for my vette. That is the shop in Fremont that I worked with when I lived in San Jose, California.

Oh, and here's a dyno for you.
http://www.squirrelsw.com/supra/random/02-TT-Vette.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
thats a turbocharged ls6? kinda low isnt it? i know a guy with a camarro ss that dynos more hp then that all motor. again, still not impressed. dyno sheets can be found all over the web.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, POS probes?

New 2.0L Motor that will dominate every V6 Powered Probe known to man:

http://www.squirrelsw.com/supra/random/motor2.jpg

2.0L DOHC FS Motor stuffed with OE Length Crower forged steel rods, JE forged aluminum pistons with oversized wrist pins, balanced rotating assembly, ported and polished head with Ferrera competition valves, dual springs, and titanium retainers, RC 720cc low impedance injectors, T3/T04E 46trim ball-bearing turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Haltech E6K stand alone engine management system, and AEM wide-band O2 sensor for accurate tuning, Autometer boost gauge, electronic fuel pressure, EGT, oil pressure, and coolant temperature sensors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
williamb82 said:
thats a turbocharged ls6? kinda low isnt it? i know a guy with a camarro ss that dynos more hp then that all motor. again, still not impressed. dyno sheets can be found all over the web.
william
That is at 22psi. Built motor before boost was 340hp to the wheels. After turbo was 873hp. That equates to 24hp/psi which are phenominal HP gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
all that for what, 350-400whp? a waste. anyway, this is getting boring, i tried to help you out by saving you time and future problems, and all you do is try to be a smartass. i will not answer any of your questions ever again as first its pointless cause you dont seem to think logically, and second cause i have no intrest in helping you with anything now. have fun on your endevors.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
williamb82 said:
all that for what, 350-400whp? a waste. anyway, this is getting boring, i tried to help you out by saving you time and future problems, and all you do is try to be a smartass. i will not answer any of your questions ever again as first its pointless cause you dont seem to think logically, and second cause i have no intrest in helping you with anything now. have fun on your endevors.
william
After the lifters, cams and 80mm turbo, closer to 550-650hp.

So stop speaking out of your ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,065 Posts
oh, more imaginary parts. gotta love those. espeacially with no proof. :jerkit:
william
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top